Re: Jaws and jpeg files

JM Casey

Jpeg files are pictures. You will have to perform OCR on the images in order to get text from them that JAWS can read. This would mean, I guess, extracting the image from the body of the e-mal. Someone else could probably chime in with more info about this. Maybe if you set your preference to plain-text only, the images will show up as attachments? I’m actually not certain.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken Chernack via Groups.Io
Sent: May 20, 2019 1:46 PM
To: io JAWS Users List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws and jpeg files

Hi.

Using W10, Jaws latest versions and Outlook 2016.

Recently, I have been getting emails with jpeg files placed within  the body of the email.

Jaws is not reading them for me in English (yes, the information is in English).

I am missing usually major information by not hearing what is there.

What is happening?

Can Jaws read jpeg files?

Thanks.

Ken