Re: weird problem with Outlook 2019 and JAWS

JOHN RIEHL

How do I check to see if my view is set to list in Outlook?

Thanks.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2019 11:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] weird problem with Outlook 2019 and JAWS

Hello,

I’m still on Outlook 2016, but the attachment menu is the same.  Once you hit space or enter on the Attach button, arrow up once to get directly to that Browse this PC option and hit enter to open that dialog.  I’m not getting the behavior in that dialog that you are getting, although I know I’ve seen that on accasion other places in Office.  It may be that you need to check that your View is set to list. It may also be a JAWS verbosity thing, but it’s hard for me to test, since I don’t have that issue.

I’ll also recommend a different approach for attaching files.  My favorite way to attach files is this:  

• Via Windows Explorer, open the folder where your file is on your computer.  Many of mine are in My Documents, for which I have a desktop icon, so it’s really fast to get this open.
  • Find the file or files you want and hit control C to copy.
  • Go to an open message in Outlook and navigate to the body of the message.
  • Hit Control V.  The attachment(s) will be added  You can hit Insert A to confirm.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:32 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] weird problem with Outlook 2019 and JAWS

Hi. I’m having a weird problem with Outlook 2019 and JAWS. When I go into an e-mail message and go to Insert (to insert a file, then tab over to attach file and press enter, I’m presented with a list of recent documents, as opposed to the expected behavior, which is being placed in the My documents directory. The Browse inside my computer, which does give this behavior, is at the bottom of a list of documents. This is highly annoying.

Also, when I’m in the list of documents, Jaws keeps saying “document grid”, which don’t remember hearing previously. What’s going on and how can I fix these annoying behaviors?

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.