Re: weird problem with Outlook 2019 and JAWS

JOHN RIEHL

How do I check to see if my view is set to list in Outlook?

Thanks.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2019 11:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] weird problem with Outlook 2019 and JAWS

Hello,

I’m still on Outlook 2016, but the attachment menu is the same.  Once you hit space or enter on the Attach button, arrow up once to get directly to that Browse this PC option and hit enter to open that dialog.  I’m not getting the behavior in that dialog that you are getting, although I know I’ve seen that on accasion other places in Office.  It may be that you need to check that your View is set to list. It may also be a JAWS verbosity thing, but it’s hard for me to test, since I don’t have that issue.

I’ll also recommend a different approach for attaching files.  My favorite way to attach files is this:

  • Via Windows Explorer, open the folder where your file is on your computer.  Many of mine are in My Documents, for which I have a desktop icon, so it’s really fast to get this open.
  • Find the file or files you want and hit control C to copy.
  • Go to an open message in Outlook and navigate to the body of the message.
  • Hit Control V.  The attachment(s) will be added  You can hit Insert A to confirm.