From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf
Of Ann Byrne
Sent: May 16, 2019 4:25 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] looking for two Excel keystrokes -- if they exist

Unfortunately, JAWS2019 does not report average and sum with
insert+3. JAWS2018 does. I have reported this to FS.
At 12:23 PM 5/16/2019, you wrote:
Hello Robin,

If you are only using arrow keys then you are not selecting but simply
navigating. If you select by using the shift key with arrow keys or by
using other selecting keystrokes then the status bar should give you
the count. When you select the cells the status bar gives other things
like the average and sum of the selected range of cells along with the
number of cells selected. If this isn't happening then use F6 to go to
the status bar, press either the application key of shift with F10, and
use down arrow to the "Count"
item and see if it is checked. If it isn't checked then use enter key
to add it to the status bar. If it is checked then just escape out of
the menu and use F6 to go back to the worksheet. The items in the menu
include one for "Count" and one for "numeric count." The "Numeric
count" gives the number of cells that contain only numbers and the
"Count" should give the actual number for the cells you select.

You can use JAWS key with C to get the cell coordinates. JAWS key with
tab should give you the name of the worksheet, the contents of the
current cell and the cell coordinates.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianllee@charter.net