Pontes Media Downloader was RE: [jaws-users] converting MP3

Dean Martineau's Flying Blind email yesterday mentioned the Pontes Media Downloader for extracting audio from other file formats and had a link to the following site where Pontes and its accessibility is discussed:

https://webfriendlyhelp.com/ponts-media-downloader-convert-online-videos-with-ease/

be aware that the above site has Pontes misspelled as it omits the e preceding the ending s. I could not find a download link at the above site which is needed as Pontes is a separate program that must be installed on your computer in order to use it. I personally prefer this as I'm finding websites I previously used to extract mp3 from youtube videos no longer seem to work for me. I located the following website where the latest version of the Pontes Media Downloader can be obtained:

http://www.pontes.ro/en/scripts/#pmd

I downloaded version 3 of Pontes from the above link and installed it without issue on my Windows 7 computer. I then went to youtube.com and did a search on Kacey Musgraves and opened a mix of hers which was the first youtube search result. I had Pontes running on my computer and noted that the URL for the Kacey Musgraves youtube mix which I had copied to my clipboard was already loaded into Pontes and when I executed its Download button, all the audio tied to that URL began extracting in mp3 format to the default Pontes Media Downloader folder under Documents on my computer. I was surprised that there were quite a number but was impressed that Pontes issued a nice tone each time a file was converted and JAWS announced when the process was complete. According to Windows Explorer, I got 85 mp3 song files in the Kacey Musgraves Mix subfolder of my Pontes Media Downloader foler under Documents. I sampled many of these and the quality seemed very good. It took more than a few seconds for the conversion to complete but based on the number being processed, I was very pleased with the timing.

Pontes seems like a most accessible and effective alternative for extracting audio from other file formats. I've just used it the one time but I encourage others to try it and report back if it works well for you.

Alan Lemly

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Debbie April Yuille
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2019 2:32 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] converting MP3

Hi Mitchell

Is it the Youtube to MP3 Converter from Media Human. I’ve tried it and it’s not at all accessible with JAWS. In fact I’ve not even able to find any menus.

Any advices is greatly appreciated.

Debbie

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mitchell via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, 16 May 2019 4:05 AM

No the program is 100% accessible email me if you need any assistance with it

On May 15, 2019, at 10:58 AM, Steve <hamsteve64@...> wrote:

Looks interesting, I am just going to start exploring it.

Are there any needed changes to make it work well with Jaws?

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 11:04 PM

There’s a better audio converter it’s called media human if you go to media human.com you’ll find it

On May 14, 2019, at 7:30 PM, Kevin <kleeva5@...> wrote:

Yeah but everytime you launch it, it buggs you to get the premium version!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 3:59 PM

I use Free Youtube-to-Mp3 converter from Videosoft.  It is an accessible program, and in the advanced options section is a checkbox to make it "screen-reader" friendly.

Steve

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 11:20 AM

Subject: [jaws-users] converting MP3

Hey Gang,

I’m trying to convert a song from YouTube to a mp3.

What website page is good for this?

Thanks for your help.

Patti

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.