Pontes Media Downloader was RE: [jaws-users] converting MP3

Dean Martineau's Flying Blind email yesterday mentioned the Pontes Media Downloader for extracting audio from other file formats and had a link to the following site where Pontes and its accessibility is discussed:

https://webfriendlyhelp.com/ponts-media-downloader-convert-online-videos-with-ease/

be aware that the above site has Pontes misspelled as it omits the e preceding the ending s. I could not find a download link at the above site which is needed as Pontes is a separate program that must be installed on your computer in order to use it. I personally prefer this as I'm finding websites I previously used to extract mp3 from youtube videos no longer seem to work for me. I located the following website where the latest version of the Pontes Media Downloader can be obtained:

http://www.pontes.ro/en/scripts/#pmd

I downloaded version 3 of Pontes from the above link and installed it without issue on my Windows 7 computer. I then went to youtube.com and did a search on Kacey Musgraves and opened a mix of hers which was the first youtube search result. I had Pontes running on my computer and noted that the URL for the Kacey Musgraves youtube mix which I had copied to my clipboard was already loaded into Pontes and when I executed its Download button, all the audio tied to that URL began extracting in mp3 format to the default Pontes Media Downloader folder under Documents on my computer. I was surprised that there were quite a number but was impressed that Pontes issued a nice tone each time a file was converted and JAWS announced when the process was complete. According to Windows Explorer, I got 85 mp3 song files in the Kacey Musgraves Mix subfolder of my Pontes Media Downloader foler under Documents. I sampled many of these and the quality seemed very good. It took more than a few seconds for the conversion to complete but based on the number being processed, I was very pleased with the timing.

Pontes seems like a most accessible and effective alternative for extracting audio from other file formats. I've just used it the one time but I encourage others to try it and report back if it works well for you.

Alan Lemly