Re: looking for two Excel keystrokes -- if they exist

Brian Lee

Hello Robin,

If you are only using arrow keys then you are not selecting but simply navigating.  If you select by using the shift key with arrow keys or by using other selecting keystrokes then the status bar should give you the count.  When you select the cells the status bar gives other things like the average and sum of the selected range of cells along with the number of cells selected.  If this isn’t happening then use F6 to go to the status bar, press either the application key of shift with F10, and use down arrow to the “Count” item and see if it is checked.  If it isn’t checked then use enter key to add it to the status bar.  If it is checked then just escape out of the menu and use F6 to go back to the worksheet.  The items in the menu include one for “Count” and one for “numeric count.”  The “Numeric count” gives the number of cells that contain only numbers and the “Count” should give the actual number for the cells you select.

You can use JAWS key with C to get the cell coordinates.  JAWS key with tab should give you the name of the worksheet, the contents of the current cell and the cell coordinates.

Take care.

Brian Lee

brianllee@...