Re: Using A Scanner

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Michael, If you can copy the contents of the disk, I may be able to extract the needed files to be installed.

Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 1:42 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Using A Scanner

Hi Glen i have the same sscanner i got the disck somewear but it cannot be installed it says not compaterble with windows 10.

I did find some sofwear on the net but the scanner did not show up for me cheers Michael.

On 16/5/19 3:02 am, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
Hi,
Using Windows 7 64 and latest Jaws.
I have Open Book installed, but it is not recognizing my Canon Scanner.
It is an N650U.
I tried to find drivers at Canon.com, but they said that there are no drivers for my OS, that they are not needed.
I looked in control panel scanners and cameras, and it shows up there.
So I'm wondering, Does the latest Jaws have the ability to utilize a scanner to do OCR?
I know I could probably use another program to take a photo and use the Jaws cursor on that, but I would prefer to avoid that extra part.
Otherwise, does anyone know how I can get the OB to find my scanner?
Thanks.
Glenn

Sent From My Tabletop
N0YJV   shade tree computer guy