Re: Learning to Type Using My Laptop

Ann Byrne

when I use my lap top, I use the desktop keys. It's so much easier for me than learning the JAWS lap top keys.

FS sells Typability. I think it's $200, though. Talking Typer from APH costs about half that.

At 03:17 AM 8/29/2018, you wrote:
We have talking typer from APH.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Michelle Clark via Groups.Io
Sent: August 28, 2018 11:02 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Learning to Type Using My Laptop

All,

I am using JAWS 17 and Microsoft 16 and would like to learn how to type using my laptop keys in lieu of an alternative keyboard that emanates a desktop typing experience .

Since some laptop keystrokes for JAWS are different, I certainly need to learn my laptop, either way, I am not the best typist. As a sighted person, I typed "The Bible Metheg" "Seek and ye shall find".

Can anyone suggest some type of typing tool that will not cost me a fortune?

Michelle