Using A Scanner

Using Windows 7 64 and latest Jaws.
I have Open Book installed, but it is not recognizing my Canon Scanner.
It is an N650U.
I tried to find drivers at Canon.com, but they said that there are no drivers for my OS, that they are not needed.
I looked in control panel scanners and cameras, and it shows up there.
So I'm wondering, Does the latest Jaws have the ability to utilize a scanner to do OCR?
I know I could probably use another program to take a photo and use the Jaws cursor on that, but I would prefer to avoid that extra part.
Otherwise, does anyone know how I can get the OB to find my scanner?
Thanks.
Glenn

Sent From My Tabletop
N0YJV   shade tree computer guy