Re: File counting with JAWS

JM Casey

I don’t know why jAWS doesn’t always give a correct count of items in a list view, but, still, hitting alt-enter on a folder does seem like a better compromise than loading and then unloading narrator to get what you want.

Just my opinion, of course. J…then again, I use this properties keystroke all the time for various purposes, so it’s second-nature to me by now.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger
Sent: May 15, 2019 7:55 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] File counting with JAWS

Just to clarify.  You can get the correct file count by turning off JAWS, turning on Narrator (control-windows key-enter in Windows 10) and reading the screen with Narrator.  But for whatever reason, the sheer act of turning on Narrator and turning it off again will often be enough to sort JAWS out, and it will then give  the correct file or folder count, which holds till I turn the computer off.

But sometimes, when I boot the computer, JAWS gives the correct count without going through the above bother, so I usually check each time and fix it if I need to. So it’s a bug that needs  to be fixed.

Rebecca