Re: Turning off automatic frame update

david

larry;

perhaps the following may help?

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/stop-web-page-auto-refreshing-chrome-firefox

The impossible is the untried,  Never under estimate the power of a dream.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Volk
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:18 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Turning off automatic frame update

Adrian;

I’m running the same as you but the ctrl+enter didn’t work for me. I’m not sure what else to try but I’ll keep trying.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: May 14, 2019 11:38 AM

Larry,

One way to keep a page’s focus on a link while clicking on it is to press control-enter instead of just enter. This opens a new window, but it keeps focus where you left it on the original window. At any rate, this is my experience. Windows 10, current release of JAWS 2019, Chrome 74.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Volk
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 1:17 PM

Hi Mike;

I’ve looked at the I.E. tab settings but I’m unable to find tab settings in Chrome. The closest option is importing bookmarks/settings but all that is available there are: browsing history, passwords, favorites and bookmarks. Perhaps Chrome doesn’t allow us to change these settings. Or I’m just not finding the right option.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: May 13, 2019 1:47 PM

Hi Larry,

I know what you are talking about but, I don't know what setting in Chrome causes this to happen.  If you look in your IE11 settings, Alt + T, for tools and the letter, O, for options on the General tab, Tab to the Tabs button, press the spacebar to open and look at your settings in here an this might give you an idea as to what to look for in Chrome.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, May 13, 2019 10:17 AM

Hi Mike;

Tried this but perhaps I’m asking the wrong question. What I’m trying to resolve is when using Chrome I go to a website arrow down through the lists, click on a link and JAWS jumps back to the top of the site rather than staying focused on the info that comes up after clicking on the link. If I use I.E. the JAWS focus stays on the info that comes up after clicking on the link. Is there something I can set to resolve this issue. It’s a pain to have to jump through all the lists and links each time.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: May 12, 2019 1:29 PM

Hi Larry,

With Chrome running open the Chrome settings Center and navigate to,Web / HTML / PDFs closed, right arrow to open, down arrow to, Heading and Frames closed, right arrow to open, and in here are a couple of Fram settings you can change to see if it'll help.  If you make any changes tab to, Okay, press enter to save and close.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2019 12:20 PM

Subject: [jaws-users] Turning off automatic frame update

Does anybody know how to turn off automatic frame updates in Google Chrome. This feature is available in I.E.

Larry

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.