looking for two Excel keystrokes -- if they exist

Van Lant, Robin

There are two things I miss from using Window Eyes with Excel.  I’m wondering if an equivalent exists in JAWS.

First, Is there a way, other than to arrow away and back, to have JAWS announce the current cell coordinates?  This is particularly helpful when in the middle of typing a formula and I need to recall the current cell I’m in.

Second, I sometimes need to count a subset of rows or columns in a file.  For example, today I was looking at a list of all employees and I just needed to count out the number in a particular team.  With Window Eyes, I would start at the first cell and arrow down till the last one.  By default, Window Eyes would announce the number of columns or cells selected, depending on which way I was moving.  Is there some way to ask JAWS how many rows, columns or cells are currently highlighted?  I tried reading the status line, but that didn’t’ seem to work.

Using JAWS 2019 latest build with Windows 10 and Excel 2016.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114