Re: Jaws Distorted Speech Problem Has Returned

michaeel's mail

Interestingly, I have plugged in USB sound cards that have been plugged in before, so those drivers had already been gathered, but that does not help.
I erroneously thought plugging in an external USB card when this happens would give me sound.

Sent: Monday, May 13, 2019 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws Distorted Speech Problem Has Returned

Hi Glen it  sounds like the same issue i am having.
My sound does that and if i do not restart machine i lose the sound.
I have been having this for 2 years.
And its not a jaws issue i have been just playing music or useing another screen reader On and it does the same.
Cheers Michael. 13 May 2019, at 11:20 pm, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

I have had this problem, I don't think it is the same as Tom's.
My Jaws speech will slow down and sound like a Silon (battle star galactica), and then I lose all audio, again, with a realtech driver.
I think it might be a hardware issue.
Windows 7 64 bit on an Intel NUC, 8GB of RAM.
This has happened with many versions of Jaws, 15 through 2019.

Sent: Monday, May 13, 2019 5:51 AM

Hi Tom i am not sure if your sound issue is same as mine.

I have had an issue off and on for about 2 years now on only 2 of my cheaper Laptops.

My issue is out of the blue jaws will be talking fine then all of a sudden jaws witll get really reverby and little un responsive.

And i need to do a restart of my computer and the sound is all back to normal.

But my issue can happen 3 times in half hour.

Or it may not stuff up for days.

2 years ago i did a total reinstalled windows 10 on 1 machine and it fixed it for ages.

Then few months back it started up again.

Each time this happens i have found under my reliability history in win 10 tells me their was a error saying windows host process has stopped working or not responding and had to close.

I have had stacks of thoes errors come up.

Most reports have been reported to Microsoft but no fixes.

And i have reinstalled the realteck audio drivers lots of times by uninstalling drivers under devices.

So i am frustrated as well.

I have 3 dearer laptops with Realteck sound cards and never had a problem with them.

I feel its something to do with the drivers.

Cheers Michael.

On 13/05/2019 12:39 am, Tom Behler wrote:
Hello, everyone.
You may recall that last week, I had a Jaws distorted speech problem with my Dell Windows 10 computer.
The problem was fixed by uninstalling the Windows generic sound card driver and replacing it with a realtech driver thanks to an executable file from Mike Mote.
Unfortunately, my problem has returned, but in a different form.
My jaws speech is slightly distorted in the laptop speakers, and when I use headphones, I get stereo sound with a slight reverberation, rather than Jaws being in the center of the headphones.
Does anyone have any suggestions for solving this latest issue?
I’m using the latest build of Jaws 2019.
Thanks as always.
Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan
--
sent from mazilla thunderbird