Re: Daisy Book Assistance

Brian Lee

Hello Glenn,

FS Reader 3.0 works on DAISY files.  A shortcut might be on your computer’s desktop or you can find it in the All Apps list under FS Reader folder.  Otherwise, the executable can be found in
C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\FSReader\3.0.

You can use the normal CTRL+O command when the program opens to browse to the file to open.  When in the file you can use CTRL P to play or pause either the human speech or the synthesized speech used in the file creation.  Use comma to advance and period to go back in the playback, and you can use CTRL with page up and page down keys to increase or decrease speech rate.  You can also read the file with your keyboard and JAWS speech.  Use F6 to go between the window with the current information in it and the list of elements like chapters, parts, headings, etc.  There is a bookmarking capability in a Bookmarks menu.  CTRL+B to add a bookmark and CTRL+K to list them.  When using JAWS you can use quick navigation keys.      

Brian Lee

brianllee@...

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: May 12, 2019 12:47 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Daisy Book Assistance

Hi,

I just downloaded a book from archive.org, and it came in two formats, DAISY and abbyy.GZ.

I used 7Zip on both of them.

I could put the DAISY in a special player that we can use, but I would prefer to read it on the computer.

The GZ file extracted to an XML file, and it seems to lock up whatever I open it with.

Didn't Jaws used to come with some software for DAISY books?

Thanks for any assistance.

Glenn

Sent From My Tabletop
N0YJV   shade tree computer guy

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.