Re: Serious problems with jaws 2019.1904 and win 10?

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

I think I would try a system restore to before you did the update and see if that will work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ann Byrne
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2019 1:23 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Serious problems with jaws 2019.1904 and win 10?

Windows 10; Office 365; JAWS latest update.
The update on my work computer failed, with a
message about the jfw.exe file--which message I
can't remember. I tried repairing JAWS2019 to no
avail. then I tried to uninstall it, but that
fails also. So at work I am running JAWS 2018.
At 10:15 AM 5/10/2019, you wrote:
OK good to know, Thanks Mike.

Leo, AKA Literophilus

"The true purpose of art was not to create beautiful objects, he discovered.
It was a method of understanding, a way of penetrating the world and finding one’s place in it.} Paul Auster.

El 10/05/2019 a las 7:41, Mike B escribió:

Hi Lev,
The sound problem you're talking about is in Windows 10 and how it removes the factory soundcard driver for some soundcards and replaces it with a generic driver when doing an operating system update. This problem is supposed to be corrected in a cumulative update or major update for Windows 10 if it hasn't been already fixed.

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers!