From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of
John Gassman
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 10:14 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Distorted Jaws Speech After Dell Update

Hi,
Here's an email conversation I was involved in among JAWS Beta list testers.
Assuming the problem is the same, take note of the blog post from Jonathan
Mosen and install Silensio.
I did and it worked for me. that problem disappeared.
John
Weird fuzzy sound
Hi,
All of a sudden the sound changes to a fuzzy sound regardless of the screen
reader I'm using.
it happens with all three screen readers JAWS NVDA or Narrator.
Unloading and loading JAWS does no good which makes me think its the sound
card.
the only way I know to get rid of the problem is to reboot the computer
which does fix the problem.
I'm using a realtech sound card.
Has anyone experienced the problem and are there any suggestions?

John

Hi John,
Not sure if the below may help from a blog post Jonathan Mosen posted
earlier this year.
https://mosen.org/soundsfrustrating

11/26/2018
Hi John, Adam's right. The issue manifests itself in several ways. Since
publishing that blog post, I purchased an external sound card for my wife
who is doing radio journalism and got the fuzziness you were talking about.
I would be interested to know if installing Silensio, which I linked to in
that blog post, fixed your issue. It has fixed all Windows audio issues for
me.
I think the function of this little app, to simply hold the sound card open
and send silence to it. Would be a very useful setting to be able to toggle
on in JAWS.

Jonathan Mosen

At 06:56 PM 5/8/2019, you wrote:
Tom,
Try this,
tap the windows key and type in control panel
then type in
manage audio devices
Try arrowing through the devices and see if you can fix it there.
If none of that does not fix the issue, what I often do to fix such
things is to tap the windows key and type in device manager, tab to
the computer name and open it up and select the audio device and
press the delete key.
You may need to open it up in the list view with a right arrow
before you can select it.
Then restart, and let Windows find it again on startup, as it will do.
HTH.
Glenn
and select