Re: Distorted Jaws Speech After Dell Update

chris judge

Might I add that it would be wise to have an alternate sound source available, such as a USB speaker or headset in the unlikely event your sound doesn’t come back. It has been known to happen.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: May 8, 2019 10:56 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Distorted Jaws Speech After Dell Update

Tom,

Try this,

tap the windows key and type in control panel

then type in

manage audio devices

Try arrowing through the devices and see if you can fix it there.

If none of that does not fix the issue, what I often do to fix such things is to tap the windows key and type in device manager, tab to the computer name and open it up and select the audio device and press the delete key.

You may need to open it up in the list view with a right arrow before you can select it.

Then restart, and let Windows find it again on startup, as it will do.

HTH.

Glenn

and select