Re: JAWS in 40-minute Mode

Glenn / Lenny

Also, there is a keystroke for unloading and restarting Jaws, but I don't recall what it is.

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS in 40-minute Mode

When a computer starts in 40 minute mode, you don't have to completely stop and then restart the whole system   to get working again.  All that is needed is to stop, then restart JAWS.

To stop and restart JAWS you can do the following.

1. To stop JAWS, hold down the JAWS key and press f4.  If you are asked if you really want to stop JAWS, press yes.

Note, there  will be no speech until JAWS is up and running again.

2. If you have a hot key set up to start JAWS, press it and JAWS should be talking again in a minute or 3.

4.  If you don't have a hot key set up to start JAWS, you can do the following.

Hold down the Windows key and type run.  In the dialog box that appears, type JAWSxxx,

where xxx is 17, 18, 2018, 2019, etc. and press enter and wait for JAWS to start talking.

Mike