JAWS locking up on update

Vicki W

I have just now tried to update JAWS 2019 with the automatic update using Windows 10. Says it's downloading and then locks up my computer on the install screen, which reads empty. I can't do anything with the computer, leave the window, close it or even restart or shut down my computer without going to power and selecting restart anyway after getting a message that the update is blocking my restart.

The update went very well on my Windows 7 computer, so what could be causing this and how can I update JAWS without locking the computer?
Thanks.

Vicki