Re: Chrome problem with moving Bookmarks

Van Lant, Robin

Good to know.  I do not have very many folders yet in Chrome, so I did not see that limitation. 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis L
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2019 4:06 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Chrome problem with moving Bookmarks

Robin the only problem with the first method it doesn’t show all folders.  The second method needs work that is what you need to use if you have a lot of folders. 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2019 5:35 PM

I may not be on the latest version of Chrome, but I am running the latest release of JAWS and here are two ways indicate the folder. 

When you first press Control  D, you land in the field to label the bookmark as you want it. If you tab once, you land on a bookmarks folder button.  Hit space on this button and then you can arrow up and down a list of the folders.  This is reading just fine for me with JAWS and it seems to list all folders.  You must hit the space bar on the button first.  If you down arrow, you end up wit the  same interface as I note next.  

If you tab twice from the initial bookmark name field, you land on the More button.  Hit enter or space on  it and it opens a new dialog, which starts with the field to name your bookmark, the second field is the URL and then you land in a tree view of the folders.  You are right that it’s not voicing as you arrow, but I am finding that JAWS key up arrow reads the current folder name.  It’s a tree view, so pressing the right arrow on a folder you know has subfolders will open it and then use the JAWS key up arrow to read the current folder. 

I do not see a reason to use the More button unless you want to add a new folder or tweak the URL.   Just name your bookmark, tab once and hit space, then arrow do the folder you want and hit enter. Easy peazy, as my kids say.

Using Google Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103

Robin

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis L
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2019 2:34 PM

Here are exact steps to reproduce the issue.

1 have  folders created in your book marks.

2 find a page to book mark  for testing purposes I’m using this.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2019/01/09/cleveland-browns-head-coach-freddie-kitchens/2525150002/

3 open the article and press control “D” without the quotes.

4 tab to more button try to arrow up and down through your folders or press letter Navigation this doesn’t work.  I also tried going to   Bookmark folder button menu pressed space and  went to choose another folder and got the same result.  Jaws 2019 latest build. 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2019 3:53 PM

I had that problem too, I could not find the bookmark.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, May 06, 2019 2:50 PM

You can’t tell it where to save a book mark with Jaws.  You go to choose another folder after doing control d this dialog doesn’t read or let you select another folder.  If this is a Jaws or chrome issue I don’t know.  Its someone’s issue and needs fixed.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Vicki W
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2019 2:53 PM
To: JAWS
Subject: [jaws-users] Chrome problem with moving Bookmarks

I imported my Favorites from IE to Chrome. Everything imported fine. My favorites folder contains multiple folders with my bookmarks.

I saved a new bookmark on Chrome and it went into a folder in my imported IE Favorites folder which I did not want it to go into. I want to get it out of there and place it in the correct location.

How can I move it out of the current folder and into the correct one?

I am using the updated version of Chrome and JAWS 2019.

Thanks.

Vicki

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.