firstname.lastname@example.orgPublic forum to discuss IPTC metadata for photos and images.
The IPTC maintains standards for metadata fields to be used with photographs: the "IPTC metadata" since 1994 (first introduced by Photoshop) and the "IPTC Core" (since 2005) and "IPTC Extension" (since 2008) used with Adobe's XMP technology (Photoshop 7.1 and higher).
In addition, the IPTC maintains controlled vocabularies for the "subject" of photos and for the "scene" of a photo.
This all and the future development of photo metadata standards may be discussed in this forum.
Specific (technical) issues with the "IPTC Core" standard may be discussed in the IPTC for XMP discussion forum http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/iptc4xmp/
The activities on this group are hosted and moderated by the IPTC.
Any member of this IPTC moderated Yahoo group must comply with the Intellectual Property Policy of the IPTC, available at www.iptc.org/goto/ipp. Any posting is assumed to be submitted under the conditions of this IPTC IP Policy.
- 194 Members
- 212 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.