newsmlg2 xml to ninj

John Evans

Hi all,

We create a standard output of a newsmlG2 file with attachments in xml.

We want to offer the option to produce this as a ninj json file.

Can anyone point me to any examples or code snippets using C#?

Kind regards

John Evans

Transtel Communications

Johan Lindgren

Hi John,

Can't help you much here. We have NINJS as our primary format and convert to NewsML-G2 for customers that so choose.
But we use NodeJS for that conversion and not C#.

If you are interested in the development of ninjs the group is active again.

Johan

Johan Lindgren, TT, 070-6528007

Den tis 10 mars 2020 kl 16:34 skrev John Evans <john@...>:

Hi all,

We create a standard output of a newsmlG2 file with attachments in xml.

We want to offer the option to produce this as a ninj json file.

Can anyone point me to any examples or code snippets using C#?

Kind regards

John Evans

Transtel Communications

John Evans

Thanks Johan, I did apply to join the ninj group but got no reply.

Can't help you much here. We have NINJS as our primary format and convert to NewsML-G2 for customers that so choose.
But we use NodeJS for that conversion and not C#.

If you are interested in the development of ninjs the group is active again.

Johan

Johan Lindgren, TT, 070-6528007

Den tis 10 mars 2020 kl 16:34 skrev John Evans <john@...>:

Hi all,

We create a standard output of a newsmlG2 file with attachments in xml.

We want to offer the option to produce this as a ninj json file.

Can anyone point me to any examples or code snippets using C#?

Kind regards

John Evans

Transtel Communications

Johan Lindgren

Probably because Brendan became a father last week and put work aside for some weeks ;-)

Den fre 13 mars 2020 kl 14:42 skrev John Evans <john@...>:

Thanks Johan, I did apply to join the ninj group but got no reply.

Can't help you much here. We have NINJS as our primary format and convert to NewsML-G2 for customers that so choose.
But we use NodeJS for that conversion and not C#.

If you are interested in the development of ninjs the group is active again.

Johan

Johan Lindgren, TT, 070-6528007

Den tis 10 mars 2020 kl 16:34 skrev John Evans <john@...>:

Hi all,

We create a standard output of a newsmlG2 file with attachments in xml.

We want to offer the option to produce this as a ninj json file.

Can anyone point me to any examples or code snippets using C#?

Kind regards

John Evans

Transtel Communications

Trond Husø

On a general note:

C# has the option to serialize objects to XML or JSON. The latter by using the json library json.net I think it is. This is what I did when I created SportsML-json-objects in the NTB SportLite application.

That way you can create a complete object and then serialize it to JSON (or XML if you want)

Trond

From: "iptc-newsml-g2@groups.io" <iptc-newsml-g2@groups.io> on behalf of Johan Lindgren <johan.lindgren@...>
Reply to: "iptc-newsml-g2@groups.io" <iptc-newsml-g2@groups.io>
Date: Friday, 13 March 2020 at 14:37
To: "iptc-newsml-g2@groups.io" <iptc-newsml-g2@groups.io>

Hi John,

Can't help you much here. We have NINJS as our primary format and convert to NewsML-G2 for customers that so choose.

But we use NodeJS for that conversion and not C#.

If you are interested in the development of ninjs the group is active again.

Johan

Johan Lindgren, TT, 070-6528007

Den tis 10 mars 2020 kl 16:34 skrev John Evans <john@...>:

Hi all,

We create a standard output of a newsmlG2 file with attachments in xml.

We want to offer the option to produce this as a ninj json file.

Can anyone point me to any examples or code snippets using C#?

Kind regards

John Evans

Transtel Communications

John Evans

Thanks Trond,

The way in which we create quite big packages of news is not really suitable for serializing from a model.

Kind regards

John Evans

Managing Director

Transtel Communications ltd