Affiliations for organisations in G2?

Brendan Quinn

Hi everyone,

  1. I’m finalising the Trust Indicators document and one of the things that they want to express is an organisation’s membership of some kind of body, including organisations such as IPTC, RSF, WAN-IFRA as well as the Trust Project itself.

We have <affiliation> under <personDetails> but nothing equivalent under <organisationDetails> as far as I can see.

  1. Separately, the affiliation docs in the Guidelines say:

Affiliation <affiliation>

An affiliation of the person to an organisation.

<affiliation type="orgnat:employer" qcode="org:ECB">

    <name>European Central Bank</name>

</affiliation>

Note that the @type refers to the type of organisation – not the type of relationship with the person. In the example we use scheme "orgnat" to describe the Nature of the Organisation as a Bank.

The note at the end there seems to contradict the example. The “type” attribute doesn’t describe that the nature of the organisation is a bank, it seems to indicate the type of relationship between the person and the organisation (ie an employer/employee relationship).

So is the example wrong, or is the note wrong, or am I misunderstanding something?

Thoughts?

Brendan.

--

Brendan Quinn, Managing Director, IPTC - International Press Telecommunications Council

25 Southampton Buildings, London WC2A 1AL, United Kingdom

Phone +44 (0)20 3178 4922 | Email mdirector@...  | Twitter @IPTC / @brendanquinn

Brendan Quinn

Hello everyone, sorry but this was meant to go to the News Architecture Working Group’s discussion list, not to the public NewsML-G2 discussion list.

Now you all get to see the exciting topics that we discuss in the working group 😊

Thanks for your patience,

Brendan.