Note: groups.io will be down for maintenance on Monday, September 26th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Monday September 26, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.
firstname.lastname@example.orgThis is the public forum for discussion of NewsML-G2, a news exchange format for general news content and successor of NewsML 1. It is developed by the International Press Telecommunications Council.
NewsML-G2 covers the exchange of news in different media types (text, picture, graphics, audio, video) and packages thereof plus the distribution of editorial planning data, event data and of controlled vocabularies. It makes use of a common News Architecture (NAR), which is compact, highly modular, easy to understand, specified with two conformance levels: a simple core level and a sophisticated power level, "object oriented" (= easy to map to OO software), Semantic Web compliant, defined by a complete conceptual model plus a detailed technical specification, accompanied by a set of W3C XML schemas.
This group is open to all who have interest in NewsML-G2 and the NAR.
The activities on this group are hosted and moderated by the IPTC.
Any member of this IPTC-moderated group must comply with the Intellectual Property Policy of the IPTC, available at www.iptc.org/goto/ipp. Any posting is assumed to be submitted under the conditions of this IPTC IP Policy.
- 170 Members
- 700 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]No used hashtags.