Re: Dropping support for Python 2.6 and 3.3

TBearSkistad

Yes, Using imapclient with Python 2.6 and 2.7, as python3 is not default installed on Redhat. (and I wanted the least amount of dependencies)

From: imapclient@groups.io <imapclient@groups.io> on behalf of Menno Finlay-Smits <inbox@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 6:19:34 AM
To: imapclient@groups.io
Subject: [imapclient] Dropping support for Python 2.6 and 3.3

Python 2.6 hasn't been officially supported for a long time and Python
3.3 will no longer be supported as of September 2017. It would be very
nice if IMAPClient no longer had to support these Python versions
(especially 2.6!).  Maxime has a PR which "removes"  IMAPClient support
for these versions. IMAPClient might still work on these Pythons
versions but we won't be testing with them or fixing bugs which are a
result of using IMAPClient with these old versions.

The plan is to drop support for these Python versions in IMAPClient 2.0.

Does anyone use IMAPClient in a serious way with Python 2.6 or 3.3?

--
Menno Finlay-Smits
inbox@... :: http://menno.io/

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail and any attachment contain KONGSBERG information which may be proprietary, confidential or subject to export regulations, and is only meant for the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use is prohibited, if not otherwise explicitly agreed with KONGSBERG. If received in error, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender properly.

Join imapclient@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.