Group DescriptionSome folks like to celebrate the history of the Main Line of Mid-America through the building of models. Although the primary focus is IC/ICG modeling this group is not limited to just modeling since most modelers participate in other railroad related activities. Feel free to talk about anything from railfanning to railroad modeling and proto-type railroad news. You are encouraged to list your railroad related events in the calendar area and post your pictures in the file section. We'll try to organize the file section to make it easy to find what you are looking for. Your help and feedback in this area is greatly appreciated.
All we ask is that you be courteous and railroad related with your posts. The posting of messages is unmoderated and members must sign their posts with a real name. The membership will be moderated hopefully to prevent abusive posting. Abusive posts are a violation of and will result in the revocation of membership to this group. Please read the FAQs! Your request for membership will be with the understanding that you have read and understand FAQs. Please be patient as your membership approval may take a little time due to the volunteer Moderators needing to sleep and go to work once in a while.
So play nice and have fun!
Photo: ICG and GM&O F units by Brian Strom.
**Please help preserve the history of the Illinois Central by joining a railroad museum that preserves IC/ICG equipment. Check out http://www.prairienet.org/mrm/homepage.html as an example of a museum that does a good job.**
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.