Topics

Where is and how to replace the coin sized memory battery inside the IC-7000

Keith Kaiser

I know there is a memory battery inside the IC-7000 but I don't know where its at or how to replace it. I ordered a replacement from Icom America's Parts Department (Thanks Carl Shearer) but they don't have instructions on how to or where the replacement goes. Is it in the body or the head of the unit?
Advise is appreciated
73
Keith

Charles & Sandra Cohen

FWIW --

From the IC-7000 Operating Manual, p. 137:

■Memory backup

All of the CPU’s memory is backed up by an EEPROM
(Electronically-Erasable Programmable Read-
Only Memory). All data you set, such as VFO,
memory, set mode contents, etc. are stored in this
EEPROM. There is no internal lithium battery.

.     Charles / VA7CPC

Brian (N2MLP)

Page 72 of service manual

Lower left corner

========================

         de N2MLP Brian

       Monroe County PA

========================

I know there is a memory battery inside the IC-7000 but I don't know where its at or how to replace it. I ordered a replacement from Icom America's Parts Department (Thanks Carl Shearer) but they don't have instructions on how to or where the replacement goes. Is it in the body or the head of the unit?
Advise is appreciated
73
Keith

Roeland Jansen, PA3MET

the battery needs replacement if it fails to retain the time.
And as stated it is in the service manual and is easy to do.

Bill kerber,WA2ILY

Memory backup

All of the CPU’s memory is backed up by an EE- PROM (Electronically-Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory). All data you set, such as VFO, memory, set mode contents, etc. are stored in this EEPROM. There is no internal lithium battery.
Page 146.

Mystic Treg

In the service manual,

BT1301 3020000330 Lithium battery ML920S/F9D     Page 56 of the Service manual.

Since there is one, where the heck does it go?

J Tregre,
KD8M,
on behalf of
Her Imperial Majesty,
Mystic, Kitty

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 6:25 AM, Bill kerber,WA2ILY via Groups.Io <wa2ily@...> wrote:
Memory backup

 All of the CPU’s memory is backed up by an EE- PROM (Electronically-Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory). All data you set, such as VFO, memory, set mode contents, etc. are stored in this EEPROM. There is no internal lithium battery.
 Page 146.

John Allen

Ck Page 72 in service manual.

To: ic7000@groups.io
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 6:53 PM

In the service manual,

Groups.Io <wa2ily=yahoo.com@groups.io>
wrote:
Memory
backup

 All of the CPU’s memory is backed up by an EE- PROM
(Electronically-Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory). All
data you set, such as VFO, memory, set mode contents, etc.
are stored in this EEPROM. There is no internal lithium
battery.

 Page 146.

Mystic Treg

Thanks - bottom left corner of the logic unit.   on Pg 72 Service Manual.

Appreciate it.

J Tregre,
KD8M,
on behalf of
Her Imperial Majesty,
Mystic, Kitty

 To: ic7000@groups.io
 Date: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 6:53 PM

 In the service manual,

 wrote:
 Memory
 backup

  All of the CPU’s memory is backed up by an EE- PROM
 (Electronically-Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory). All
 data you set, such as VFO, memory, set mode contents, etc.
 are stored in this EEPROM. There is no internal lithium
 battery.

  Page 146.

k4pwo <k4pwo@...>

That is the clock chip backup for the time display. It is a rechargable cell that is soldered in. To replace it you will have to remove the circuit board.
This begs the question... do you really care about the time display?
If your rig is loseing its menu setting and memory frequencies you have a more serious issue.

Perry K4PWO

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

From: k4pwo <k4pwo@...>

It is a rechargable cell that is soldered in. To replace it you will have to remove the circuit board.

Can't speak to the 7000 specifically but on other equipment I've replaced the battery I just cut the tabs on the existing cell and solder the tabs of the new battery onto the cut leads.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM

Ludovic Ludo

There is no internal lithium battery
False, there is a soldering battery inside.

F6GWE

Hi

You can find the battery at DigiKey

A link in french but Google is your friend....

http://radioamateur.forumsactifs.com/t1726-ic7000-perte-de-l-heure-changer-la-pile-changer-l-accumulateur#=_=

73
good DX

Patrick
F6GWE

Sigi / DH1KLM

Is this the "battery" you are asking for?
This is not a battery, but a rechargeable accumulator and it is located
in the Logic Unit.

73 de DH1KLM / Sigi

Keith Kaiser

Thanks everyone.

I think I understand now that the battery is for the clock more so than the memories. I don’t know if I want to replace it or not, the clock is not that important.

I did order it, it cost about $10 so when it arrives I may open up the radio and take a look. The advise of just cutting the leads and re-soldering seems the best so if I decided to do it at all that is the method I’ll use.

I did Google the part of course but the only place to order the ‘correct’ battery is from Icom. DigiKey and other radio stores did not have it. Some had never even heard of the radio having one. But good advise from Ray Novak lead me to the Icom parts store. Thanks Ray

Keith, WA0̷TJT