Topics

Using the 13 pin ACC socket for PTT

Roger Taylor

I'm planning to use the 13 pin ACC socket for FT8 and other digital
modes and the manual is not clear to me in respect to the PTT. In case
you're wondering why I don't use the DATA socket I'm intend to make use
of the 13.8V output to power the interface.

I believe that to use this socket as a PTT on all bands I have to set
"VSEND Select" to "Off" and use pin 3 to transmit.

An I correct or what should I be doing?

73 and kind regards

Roger, GW4HZA

Steve W3AHL

Correct.

Steve, W3AHL

---In ic7000@..., <groups@...> wrote :

I'm planning to use the 13 pin ACC socket for FT8 and other digital
modes and the manual is not clear to me in respect to the PTT. In case
you're wondering why I don't use the DATA socket I'm intend to make use
of the 13.8V output to power the interface.

I believe that to use this socket as a PTT on all bands I have to set
"VSEND Select" to "Off" and use pin 3 to transmit.

An I correct or what should I be doing?

73 and kind regards

Roger, GW4HZA

Robin Moseley

Why?

When WSJT-X can do this with just the CI-V remote CAT cable?

--
Robin G1MHU