UHF/VHF --> No Audio or Distorted Audio Out

bart@...

Tonight used my 7000 on mixed FLDIGI net, UHF/VHF, incoming audio fine, in and out digital signals via Signallink fine, but no audio out (repeater kerchunks with microphone, but no audio out).  Verified repeater settings.  Can't understand but hope the problem is with operator, not hardware.

Haven't checked on HF yet, as conditions are terrible.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

~Bart/KH7C

bart@...

Problem Solved!!

I had forgot that on my 7000 (don't know if this happens to many) the mic gain goes down to "0" when I have not used it for a while.  And of course there is no visual display of this unless you go in to quick set #2.

When on HF there is a hint because the meter doesn't show gain, but on FM it looks the same whether there is signal from the mic or not.

Now how to remind myself a month or two when this happens again....

And thanks to N2RRA whose youtube video put me on the right track.

~Bart/KH7C

Steve W3AHL

I've never had the mic gain change on it own on either of my 7K's.  I don't remember it being mention in this Group before.  Those menu settings are stored in an EEPROM.  Have you noticed any other settings changing unexpectedly.  That might indicate defective storage cells in the EEPROM.  Can't think of anything else that would cause it.

Steve, W3AHL