the end of IC-706 saga?

nicolasc33 <javier_ebay@...>

I was looking in http://www.randl.com online search. They claim in
its homepage "We carry the complete Icom amateur line. If you do not
see a product listed here, please call." and the IC-706-MKIIG it is
not for sale, it has got 21 sales references for it, including the
removable head, but the rig itself it is not for sale. If I am right
it has been removed form the online catalog.

It is still listed in their PDF general catalog for 799.95 USD but it
does not come on the online catalog.

Any of you in the US would mind to phone them at 800-221-7735 and
maybe post the reason for the IC-706 removal? maybe the IC-7000?

Major european seller http://www.wimo.de removed last month from its
online catalog the IC-7400 (IC-746PRO) but replaced it after few
days.

Same rumours as for the IC-7000 have circulated about a IC-746PROII,
and both rigs (706 & 746PRO) have had price cuts lately in the
spanish market.

Javier EA4CWY

Ya`akov N. Miles <ve7alq@...>

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, "nicolasc33" <javier_ebay@h...> wrote:
I was looking in http://www.randl.com online search. They claim in
its homepage "We carry the complete Icom amateur line. If you do
not
see a product listed here, please call." and the IC-706-MKIIG it is
not for sale, it has got 21 sales references for it, including the
removable head, but the rig itself it is not for sale. If I am
right
it has been removed form the online catalog.
Both Ham Radio Outlet http://www.hamradio.com
and Universal Radio http://www.universal-radio.com

still list the ic706mkiig on-line at a cost of about USD$950.
I just finished purchasing my second ic706mkiig in Canada for
CDN$1199 which works out to about the same price, once the
foreign exchange is taken into consideration.

Paul Manuel <k4pdm@...>

--- nicolasc33 <javier_ebay@hotmail.com> wrote:
I was looking in http://www.randl.com online search. They claim in
its homepage "We carry the complete Icom amateur line. If you do not
see a product listed here, please call." and the IC-706-MKIIG it is
not for sale, it has got 21 sales references for it, including the
removable head, but the rig itself it is not for sale. If I am right
it has been removed form the online catalog.
I was in the R and L store Saturday and they had one on display. Other US
dealers still sell it.
73,
Paul K4PDM

nicolasc33 <javier_ebay@...>

Yes, here retailers still have the 706, with some price cut (15% below
former price). Usual prices here are at least 30% higher than in USA.

So we have two posibilities a "Dayton special" price of 799.95USD or a
SALE OUT price of 799.95 (includes free RMK706). As maybe this price it
is not the normal price in USA as you suggest 950USD. Here the sale
price it is now 850 Euro, about 1071USD, but usualy due to EU tax, the
price in EU it is higher here than in USD in the US.

My question was simple "we carry full ICOM line, if you dont see it
call" it is not in the online catalog... so.. maybe someone could call
that 800 phone,and tell us.

The PDF full catalog is over 17Mb, very usefull, but not the fastest
way to search for a price.

So going back to my question: The 799,95 price printed in the PDF
catalog, is it a Dayton special, still not in the online catalog, or
is it a clearance sale out price? or both? It is difficult to believe
they removed it by mistake.

If (like in Spain) ICOM distributed a limited number of rigs, and R&L
put that 799.95 price in the web, they may have run short of them, so
they had to remove it from the web, even if still left on the PDF.

Here in Spain ICOM distributed ONLY 30 units at that low price, still
some available, but it is difficult to guess if it is a fixed time sale
promotion or a clearance sale, in any case I was told that ONLY 30
units.

Here in EU we have our "Dayton" in Friedrichshafen (Germany)june 24/26

Of course we are just gessing, this is what this group it is about
untill ICOM tells something. So we follow some clues... but we may be
fully wrong.

IC-746PRO (IC7400 here) had a 25% price cut in april, and I got one for
myself. I did not care for a PRO-II new version. At that price I could
be wrong. I love its DSP

So I am keeping a close eye on the 706. I think it is a superb rig.
With ICOM going full IF-DSP I just would like to see a clearout sale on
filters, that I think they are overpriced. This is the only weak point
I see in the 706. All the references I have about it from ICOM or free
lance repair services, is that it is a good rig (now MKIIG). And it is
the highest seller ever of Ham rigs.

Javier EA4CWY

Clint Bradford <clintbrad4d@...>

--- In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, "nicolasc33" <javier_ebay@h...> wrote:
I was looking in http://www.randl.com online search...
On March 1, 2005, Icom America forced all its dealers into a MAP -
Minimum Advertised Pricing - program on the IC-706 (and two HTs).

Legitimate Icom dealers ALL had to advertisze the new $949 price on
the '706 in their ads and Web sites.

R & L is selling the '706 for less than the MAP price. Just call them
and ask.

THERE IS NO "CEASE PRODUCTION DATE" on the '706 at this time.

...and the IC-706-MKIIG it is not for sale...
Just call them and ask.

Clint bradford, K6LCS

Paul Manuel <k4pdm@...>

--- Clint Bradford <clintbrad4d@earthlink.net> wrote:
THERE IS NO "CEASE PRODUCTION DATE" on the '706 at this time.
Clint bradford, K6LCS
Clint,
Thanks for the pricing info. But I would have guessed the 706 had already
ceased production. What is the source of your info? If it is a dealer or
even ICOM America, why should we believe it?
73,
Paul K4PDM

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail