Technician for ALS-500M Repair

Kurt Sweeny

Does anyone have a recommendation for a service technician (stateside) to repair the 500M. I am pretty sure that the four Toshiba power transistors have gone to their reward, owing to the operator using the fault detection as an idiot proof device as opposed to a safeguard. The job would include checking the load fault circuitry.

Kurt
KD6LZV

Mister Mike

West Coast?

Malcom Technical Support (MTS)
Scott Malcom
5130 Jackson Hwy
Toledo, WA 98591-8680
Email is mts@toledotel.com

Fast turnaround, reasonable rates, great technician.

Good luck,

Michael, W1RC

On May 8, 2021, at 5:27 PM, Kurt Sweeny <damele@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a service technician (stateside) to repair the 500M. I am pretty sure that the four Toshiba power transistors have gone to their reward, owing to the operator using the fault detection as an idiot proof device as opposed to a safeguard. The job would include checking the load fault circuitry.

Kurt
KD6LZV

Kurt Sweeny

Yes, West Coast works.
' Will report back to group on final diagnosis and repair.
Thanks Mike !

Fast turnaround, reasonable rates, great technician.

Good luck,

Michael, W1RC

On May 8, 2021, at 5:27 PM, Kurt Sweeny <damele@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a service technician (stateside) to repair the 500M. I am pretty sure that the four Toshiba power transistors have gone to their reward, owing to the operator using the fault detection as an idiot proof device as opposed to a safeguard. The job would include checking the load fault circuitry.

Kurt
KD6LZV

Mister Mike

Scott repaired an IC-7000 for me. It took a lot less time and cost a lot less than sending it to ICOM. Tell him W1RC sent ya.

Scott is in WA State so shipping back and forth won’t cost you too much. Best is to email him first.

On May 8, 2021, at 5:48 PM, Kurt Sweeny <damele@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Yes, West Coast works.
' Will report back to group on final diagnosis and repair.
Thanks Mike !

Fast turnaround, reasonable rates, great technician.

Good luck,

Michael, W1RC

On May 8, 2021, at 5:27 PM, Kurt Sweeny <damele@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a service technician (stateside) to repair the 500M. I am pretty sure that the four Toshiba power transistors have gone to their reward, owing to the operator using the fault detection as an idiot proof device as opposed to a safeguard. The job would include checking the load fault circuitry.

Kurt
KD6LZV

Hank Blackstock

K5IZ USA flag USA

RUSSELL W COWLES
PO BOX 1014
BUNA, TX 77612
USA

QSL: rusty_radio@...

Absolutely the best amplifier tech there is.

73 Hank Blackstock W5HJ

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Saturday, May 8, 2021, 4:51 PM, Mister Mike <w1rc@...> wrote:

Scott repaired an IC-7000 for me.  It took a lot less time and cost a lot less than sending it to ICOM.  Tell him W1RC sent ya.

Scott is in WA State so shipping back and forth won’t cost you too much.  Best is to email him first.

> On May 8, 2021, at 5:48 PM, Kurt Sweeny <damele@...> wrote:
>

> Yes, West Coast works.
> ' Will report back to group on final diagnosis and repair.
> Thanks Mike !

Glenn Jensen

Scott also repaired / aligned my IC-7000 - outstanding work, good communications, completely fair pricing.

Best 73's - Glenn