Still not impressed.

Dan N1GXC <sgagnon@...>

After being a member of this group for some months, I am still not
inpressed by the design of the unit. I was hoping that Icom would come
up with their version of the Yaesu FT-897 field rig. I'm an avid Icom
fan and I'm ready to buy a field portable HF+ rig. The 897 has a
bulletproof exterior. The interior is subject to opinion. In conclusion
I must say that I love the proposed display but the radio as a whole
seems like it would be happy in a yuppie SUV rather than the field.
Just my thoughts...

73 Dan.

MKM <starlight04@...>

The 7000 maybe be transformed to a field radio with additional yet to be announced accessories.

We just do not know yet. Do not come to conclusions so soon.

The radio may have a reduced current mode with minimum RX and about 15-20W output power when run on batteries. We just have to wait and see at Dayton.

On Apr 23, 2005, at 4:40 PM, Dan N1GXC wrote:

After being a member of this group for some months, I am still not
inpressed by the design of the unit. I was hoping that Icom would come
up with their version of the Yaesu FT-897 field rig. I'm an avid Icom
fan and I'm ready to buy a field portable HF+ rig. The 897 has a
bulletproof exterior. The interior is subject to opinion. In conclusion
I must say that I love the proposed display but the radio as a whole
seems like it would be happy in a yuppie SUV rather than the field.
Just my thoughts...

73 Dan.

Yahoo! Groups Links

VA3TO-1.7GHz <hduff@...>

That's an odd comment Dan.
The proposed IC-7000 is a mobile radio. I don't recall there
ever being any discussion that it might be a portable.

Hugh VA3TO

Dan N1GXC wrote:

After being a member of this group for some months, I am still not
inpressed by the design of the unit. I was hoping that Icom would come
up with their version of the Yaesu FT-897 field rig. I'm an avid Icom
fan and I'm ready to buy a field portable HF+ rig. The 897 has a
bulletproof exterior. The interior is subject to opinion. In conclusion
I must say that I love the proposed display but the radio as a whole
seems like it would be happy in a yuppie SUV rather than the field.
Just my thoughts...

73 Dan.

nicolasc33 <javier_ebay@...>

It is a mobile, but all ICOM rigs have continuosly adjustable RF power,
independently of mic gain. SO I guess it will be possible from 5 to
100W.

It will be less than 3Kg/6 lb weight.

As it is a mobile with removable head, I just imagine somebody with the
rig, a gel battery and the antenna in the backpack, and using just the
removable head, to control the radio. It would steal the show! Ok it is
a joke. It will be just a small rig, not top of ICOM.

73's
Javier EA4CWY

Dan N1GXC <sgagnon@...>

Don't get me wrong guy's. If the radio is produced 'as is' it's still a
very cool rig. I'm currently using my IC-746 in the field so any
smaller radio with the same power and most of the features will work
out just fine. I'd just like to see our team give them a run for their
money.

Dan