Topics

Rig won't switch to FM

K5ZM

Hi all…

I’m wanting to do some tx audio checks on an HT and the only other rig I have that covers 2m is the ic 7000. I fired it up and -for the first time ever- put it on 2m. Trouble is, I can’t get it to switch to FM. In fact, FM isn’t even among the available mode options -no matter how many times I press (or press and hold) the MODE button. The only time I can get it into FM is by hitting the TUNER/CALL button, which I did by mistake.

What am I missing here?

Tnx es 73

Ian, K5ZM

wb0m

Hi Ian,

Check page 135 of the manual. In SET mode you can set whether or not a mode (in this case, FM) is selectable or not.

GL & 73,
Jeff/wb0m

Bob Brooks

Hi Ian
Try putting it in AM mode then press and hold. It should switch to FM. Good luck!

Bob W1AGC