Topics

PTT switch source ?

W1JCW

Looking to replace the PTT switch on my HM 151.

Does someone have a source for these switches ??

73-
W1JCW
John

john.g4sku@ymail.com

Hi John,

You can purchase the exact replacement from icom at the following URL: http://www.icomamerica.com/en/contact-parts-department.aspx

Just fill out the form and e-mail it to Icom, and they will get back to you.

Their part number is: ICOM Microphone switch IC/.HM169.007

I recently bought one from Icom here in the UK and it cost £3.29 plus tax.

That’s approx. $4.32 plus tax at today’s exchange rate.

There will obviously be shipping on top of that price.

I hope that you manage to obtain it OK?

73’

John, G4SKU.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Looking to replace the PTT switch on my HM 151.

Does someone have a source for these switches ??

73-
W1JCW
John

Stephen Nelson

I had the same thing fail on my 7000 mic. I found the OEM part # but nobody had them in stock, or had a long lead time with large minimum order.

I found a similar part that has the same package and works great so far on a common auction site. The part #: DHT-1106AB, 3.85mm 4 pin, and it was $6 shipped for quantity of 20.

-Stephen N.
KD6VEX

Steve W3AHL

The switches are available in the US from mouser.com.  Search on their web site for SKQJLBA010  .  That is the exact ALPS switch that Icom ships as a replacement part.  It is a different model than the original switch was in that it is sealed and is rated for more cycles.  They currently only have 16 in stock, with 1000 on order.  Cost for quantity 1 is $1.13.  The sealed switch has a dark gray button instread of the original unsealed switch which had a red putton.

It is important when installing the switch to use minimum heat on the leads, to prevent oxidizing the contacts.
The maximum tip temperature spec is 662 degrees F (350 C) using a 20 watt iron, applying heat for a maximum of 3 seconds to each lead.  No flux solution should be applied to the board or switch leads (just use flux core solder).  That is per ALPS specifications.

I forget if Mouser has a minimum order amount.  If so, they are a good source for Fair-Rite ferrite chokes.

Steve, W3AHL

W1JCW

73-

W1JCW

John

I had the same thing fail on my 7000 mic. I found the OEM part # but nobody had them in stock, or had a long lead time with large minimum order.

I found a similar part that has the same package and works great so far on a common auction site. The part #: DHT-1106AB, 3.85mm 4 pin, and it was $6 shipped for quantity of 20.

-Stephen N.

KD6VEX

W1JCW

Thanks John