protection in rig if SWR is high

VK3SQ - Geoff

Greetings all. If the SWR is high what does the 7000 do; eg does it shut down, reduce power what! Thanks for your replies.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

Michel MNR

Il réduit sa puissance en HF.

73's de Michel  F6FSC

Le mardi 3 août 2021, 03:25:36 UTC+2, VK3SQ - Geoff <vk3sq@...> a écrit :

Salutations à tous. Si le SWR est élevé, que fait le 7000 ? par exemple est-ce qu'il s'éteint, réduit la puissance quoi ! Merci pour vos réponses.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

Joe Krout

By design, it is supposed to reduce output power, however...

My experience has been that at high power levels, it will blow the driver transistor.

To help avoid an expensive repair,  reduce power to 10 watts or less for initial tuning, and monitor your SWR as you slowly increase power.

I also find using a good external auto-tuner with the correct interface cable is wise.  I use an LDG IT-100 tuner.

73
Joe KR0UT

Don Rolph

My understanding is:

- if it is running SSB on HF, then SWR is fed to ALC and audio, and hence output, throttled back to protect the front ends.

This protection is not available on AM,CW, or FM.

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 9:25 PM VK3SQ - Geoff <vk3sq@...> wrote:
Greetings all. If the SWR is high what does the 7000 do; eg does it shut down, reduce power what! Thanks for your replies.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

AB1PH
Don Rolph