From: ic7000@groups.io <ic7000@groups.io> on behalf of Jimbo <jim@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2018 13:03
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: [ic7000] Please Approve

My name is Jim Walker

My call is KBØX

I just purchased a used IC-7000 and would like to find out how to go about modifying the radio to connect an external video monitory to it.

Thanks,
Jim

James Ray, Sr.

Buy a small 7" Tv at. RCA composite input. Connect to the video on th 7000 and your are in business. WARNING the regulation is as good as it just blows up the existing picture. No additional pictures, but it does make a lot of data on the screen easier to read wt. 80 year old eyes. Less destruaction when I am mobile. Good luck

73 de KF7SLM, Jim

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

All you need is a composite video monitor (or older NTSC television) and appropriate cables.  The cable is a mini phone jack (tip and ring) on one end and the RCA phono plug on the other end.

73 de Mac, K2GKK/5
(Since 30 Nov '53)​
Oklahoma City, OK​
USAF Retired 61-81​
FAA Retired 94-10

I just purchased a used IC-7000 and would like to find out how to go about modifying the radio to connect an external video monitory to it.

Thanks,
Jim

D C *Mac* Macdonald

BUT, composite video is just what the IC-7000 video output IS!  Ergo, you are stuck with it.

73 de Mac, K2GKK/5​
(Since 30 Nov '53)​
Oklahoma City, OK​
USAF Retired 61-81​
FAA Retired 94-10

I just purchased a used IC-7000 and would like to find out how to go about modifying the radio to connect an external video monitory to it.

Thanks,
Jim

Jimbo

Thanks to all who took time to respond.  I checked and I do have the appropriate cable. Now all I need is to get my hands on the radio.

Jim
KB0X

Tom Dixon

Hi Jim

Youtube is your friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6UPjahgaj0

Tom

De zl2hgr

I just purchased a used IC-7000 and would like to find out how to go about modifying the radio to connect an external video monitory to it.

Thanks,

Jim

Bob Hoffmann, K4CQO

Has anyone tried one of the composite video to HDMI converters? They are pretty cheap, and there are a lot more video displays that will accept HDMI inputs.

w8new

Edited

I have 3 of those composite video to HDMI converters with 2 in use as of now.  They work very well.  I haven't tried one with my IC7000 though, since I have a 7 inch analog display that I use for the 7000.

Mystic Treg

Please, W8new -- where did you get your 7-inch analog screen, and would you recommend it for others?

J Tregre,
KD8M,
on behalf of
Her Imperial Majesty,
Mystic, Kitty

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 12:00 AM w8new via Groups.Io <w8new=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have 3 of those with 2 in use as of now.  They work very well.  I haven't tried one with my IC7000 though, since I have a 7 inch analog display that I use for the 7000.

Kenneth W. Campbell <n6pcd@...>

I purchased a 7” flat panel video monitor on eBay for about $23.00 US. It was intended for use in automobiles as a DVD or backup camera display. Works wonderfully with my 7000! Even comes with a wireless remote!

Alan, AB6C

I too bought one of those composite video to HDMI converters, and was very dissatisfied with the results, as I was trying it for viewing composite surveillance video output. I haven't tried it out on my IC-7000 yet. I'm curious, can you please give me some info on the 3 converters you bought, e.g. brand, model #, cost & where and when you got them? I might try one or more of those if they work that good. Hopefully one of those converters will work with the 7000.

Thanks much, Alan, AB6C

Alan, AB6C

I also tried a composite video to HDMI converter with disappointing results, but it was trying to convert composite video from a surveillance DVR to an Dell HDMI monitor. Haven't yet tried it yet with my IC-7000. Could you give me some info on what converters you used such as model number, where bought, price and when? Would be greatly appreciated. Still need to find a decent converter for my surveillance DVR's cameras.

Thanks much, Alan, AB6C