No Power Out on FT8

V Zecchinelli

Good Morning,
I currently am trying to set up my Icom 7000 for FT8.
My setup is:
-PC (Win 10)(WSJT-X) - to Signalink USB - to Icom 7000 via ACC port - to Watt Meter - to 50 ohm Dummy Load
-WSJT-X radio set to NONE and PTT=VOX - Mic set to USB Codec and speaker set to default system speaker (WSJT-X receive works fine) - power slider is set to Max however I have also tried other levels.
-This setup is receiving beautifully
-When I press TUNE in WSJT-X Signalink clicks and Icom 7000 goes into TX Mode with Red LED TX light on.
     -Watt meter indicates 0 watts out when Icom 7000 is in TX mode as above
     -With a speaker connected to MON on Signalink I hear tone from WSJT-X TUNE button
If Icom 7000 is in TX Mode and tone is getting to Signalink whay am I not getting any power out?  Must be a radio setting I can't figure out.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or suggestions.

73 Vince N1VIN

AB1DD

Hi Vince,
How are you connecting the audio in to the 7000? Look at page 24 in the manual. Are you using the Signal Link vox? I used the data connection when I did PSK with my 7000.
I'm off to the Ham Breakfast in Essex,VT so won't be back until this afternoon, so a reply will be late.

73, Carl
AB1DD
Resistance is futile. (don't know about reactance, though)

V Zecchinelli

Thanks Carl.  I was considering going to the breakfast this morning but overslept and moving slow.  STARC had a presentation on FT8 a couple of months ago and I am sorry I missed it.

Yes, I am using the Signalink VOX.  I am starting to doubt my watt meter so will play again this AM and check PSKReporter to see if maybe I am getting out.  I am using ACC connection with cable I purchased from Signalink.  I am thinking of buying the Data cable.  On line searching showed most folks were using the Data cable.

73 Vince N1VIN

On 1/25/2020 6:47 AM, AB1DD wrote:
Hi Vince,
How are you connecting the audio in to the 7000? Look at page 24 in the manual. Are you using the Signal Link vox? I used the data connection when I did PSK with my 7000.
I'm off to the Ham Breakfast in Essex,VT so won't be back until this afternoon, so a reply will be late.

73, Carl
AB1DD
Resistance is futile. (don't know about reactance, though)

AB1DD

Vin,
The data port is the best way to go. It will mute the mic, where as the acc port will not. You will have the mic audio present if you don't unplug it!

Carl
AB1DD

John Rupprecht K3NOQ

Is the tx level control ON THE SIGNALINK turned up clockwise from 7 oclock?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A

V Zecchinelli

Yes, I tried several different positions.  Still struggling.