Need to get a separation cable for cheap

Jordan NØUUU

Edited

Hello,

I am in the works of building a mobile setup and I have hit a roadblock, I have a separation cable I got from an estate sale which only has 8 pins, it's not the right cable and the right cable sells on ebay for prices around $100 and up, which seems absurd for a 10 pin pogo cable. Does anybody know if there's any DIY cables out there I can acquire parts for and make myself? I'd like to stay under $40 for this and I'd rather just use the radio head on the radio if the case there's no economically friendly way. I've also attached a picture of the cable I have just to make sure I'm not looking at it the wrong way.

Paul Hansen

You have the cable for a 706. They sell for outrageous prices too.

Thank You

Paul W. Hansen, W6XA

Amateur Radio Service

2134 Carthage Road

Tucker, GA 30084

(864) 222-3539

www.amateurradioservice.com

I am in the works of building a mobile setup and I have hit a roadblock, I have a separation cable I got from an estate sale which only has 8 pins, it's not the right cable and the right cable sells on ebay for prices around $100 and up, which seems absurd for a 10 pin pogo cable. Does anybody know if there's any DIY cables out there I can acquire parts for and make myself? I'd like to stay under $40 for this and I'd rather just use the radio head on the radio if the case there's no economically friendly way. I've also attached a picture of the cable I have just to make sure I'm not looking at it the wrong way.

Jordan NØUUU

Oh, wow. In that case, I don't think I'll directly modify this cable. I'll likely trade/sell it sometime this coming month.
I still want to see if I could DIY this cable though, so if anybody has any tips I'd love to hear them!

N0UUU