Microphone

Ahmad Eddie Mobasheri

Hi all,
My question: is it OK detach the mic from the front , and while connected by the separation cable to the unit, be on receive mode?
Thanks

***********************
A. Eddie Mobasheri
46 Bollard Avenue
New Windsor 0600
Auckland, NZ
Ph: +64 0212 (Persia) 737 742
**************************************

--
Eddie Mobasheri
Auckland, New Zealand

Mystic Treg

Yes

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019, 21:02 Ahmad Eddie Mobasheri <aemobasheri@...> wrote:
Hi all,
My question: is it OK detach the mic from the front , and while connected by the separation cable to the unit, be on receive mode?
Thanks

***********************
A. Eddie Mobasheri
46 Bollard Avenue
New Windsor 0600
Auckland, NZ
Ph: +64 0212 (Persia) 737 742
**************************************

--
Eddie Mobasheri
Auckland, New Zealand
ZL1AEM

As far as I can tell from the schematics there is no problem with the mike in either position on no mike at all.
That would apply to receive or transmit as there are digital communications modes that do not require the mike for operation

Joe

I think this question might originate from CB radio days where the mike had to be plugged in for the radio to work? I seem to remember some AM CB sets that required the mike to be plugged in because the PTT switch not only keyed the radio but did some fancy switching of the audio circuit. The same circuit was used for the receive loudspeaker and the transmit AM modulation.

Anyone else remember those days? Or am I having yet another day of cranium flatulence?

73, Joe, k1ike