Topics

ICOM AUX1 Breakout box

VE2DX

Working on new small device it is a very simple breakout box the IAB1  for the ICOM AUX1 8pin or 13pin connector on the back of the ICOM Radios to get acces to Fix 100mv Audio from the radio, input audio for TX, PTT, RTTY FSR input and ALC, this is going to very usefull for older radios to make it easier to connect digital modes for exemple.  the IAB1 will offer a simple 1/8 audio jacks to each.

here is the video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkbOYnXYHY showing the small enclosure with magnets under the enclosure to help in the locating of the IAB1.

let me know if you are interrested ve2dx@...

73

Richard VE2DX

--
:D Only the Best ICOM, ERC and HRD
Follow my projects on www.facebook.com/VE2DX/

Richard VE2DX, Jesus Island, PQ-014

Mark Schoonover

I did something similar for my IC-7410, really makes things easier to work with.

73! Mark KA6WKE

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 8:30 AM VE2DX <ve2dx@...> wrote:
Working on new small device it is a very simple breakout box the IAB1  for the ICOM AUX1 8pin or 13pin connector on the back of the ICOM Radios to get acces to Fix 100mv Audio from the radio, input audio for TX, PTT, RTTY FSR input and ALC, this is going to very usefull for older radios to make it easier to connect digital modes for exemple.  the IAB1 will offer a simple 1/8 audio jacks to each.

here is the video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkbOYnXYHY showing the small enclosure with magnets under the enclosure to help in the locating of the IAB1.

let me know if you are interrested ve2dx@...

73

Richard VE2DX

--
:D Only the Best ICOM, ERC and HRD
Follow my projects on www.facebook.com/VE2DX/
73

Richard VE2DX, Jesus Island, PQ-014

Chuck Scott <cscott@...>

All:

Here's the one I built for use on my IC-7300 to bring out IF and band data. Room for additional connections as needed.

Wiring from the connector is soldered to the bottom of the terminal strip.

Chuck - N8DNX

Bob Hoffmann, K4CQO

Hi Richard,

I currently have a noise canceller connected to the 13 pin connector. I was looking into a cable that breaks the connector in 2 for any future connections on the 7000.

Your break-out box seems like just what I could use.

Yes, I am very interested in your project.

73 – K4CQO

Bob Hoffmann

Working on new small device it is a very simple breakout box the IAB1  for the ICOM AUX1 8pin or 13pin connector on the back of the ICOM Radios to get acces to Fix 100mv Audio from the radio, input audio for TX, PTT, RTTY FSR input and ALC, this is going to very usefull for older radios to make it easier to connect digital modes for exemple.  the IAB1 will offer a simple 1/8 audio jacks to each.

here is the video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkbOYnXYHY showing the small enclosure with magnets under the enclosure to help in the locating of the IAB1.

let me know if you are interrested

73

Richard VE2DX

--

:D Only the Best ICOM, ERC and HRD

Follow my projects on www.facebook.com/VE2DX/

73

Richard VE2DX, Jesus Island, PQ-014

Don

This is really close to mine. I used a 2' cable so I could put the box back behind the desk, and put 5 BNC connectors along the side, so I could configure what goes where, along with a small relay for keying the amp.

Don

KB5KWV

On 4/22/2020 11:29 AM, Chuck Scott wrote:

All:

Here's the one I built for use on my IC-7300 to bring out IF and band data. Room for additional connections as needed.

Wiring from the connector is soldered to the bottom of the terminal strip.

Chuck - N8DNX

VE2DX

Not 100% certain what you want to do?  Please send me an email ( ve2dx@... )

Well the IAB1 would not split your 13pin Din in two, sorry there are some available that I saw that goes from 13Pin Din output to 2 8 Pin DIN AUX1 and AUX2 but I not certain that would help you either?

the IAB1 is just like discussed below a Breakout box to help make it easier connections to external devices like RigBlasters for example to the available and really underrated connections available via AUX1.

Hope this helps or just drop me an email.

73

Richard VE2DX
--
:D Only the Best ICOM, ERC and HRD
Follow my projects on www.facebook.com/VE2DX/
73

Richard VE2DX, Jesus Island, PQ-014

VE2DX

Hey, almost forgot here is the first print and assembly of the IAB1

Image preview

thanks guys

73

Richard VE2DX
--
:D Only the Best ICOM, ERC and HRD
Follow my projects on www.facebook.com/VE2DX/
73

Richard VE2DX, Jesus Island, PQ-014

r norris

On Apr 22, 2020, at 21:48, VE2DX <ve2dx@...> wrote:

Not 100% certain what you want to do?  Please send me an email ( ve2dx@... )

I’ve doing this for 50 years.

Cable up everything on the back of radios, go to a box with terminal strips and RCA jacks

Never have to move a radio. (When they were 50 pounds)

Boxes are mounted on 3/4” plywood on the back of the desk, with lots of labels.

Anytime I need to hook this to that, a three minute job.

Do every pin. Don’t says I’ll never need that.

With today’s Icoms, you do the POS Din plugs one time.

Ludovic Ludo

Hum... Prefer iron box...

Best regards,
Ludovic - F5PBG

Vesko

Hi, Richard,
A small photo what was done for my IC 7000 to be connected to Sound card, RTS PTT and relay keying to a PA. ACC1 wires going to DB15 Video connector and than to whatever you want,... ;)
Greetings,
Vesko LZ2JE

On Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 6:30:49 PM GMT+3, VE2DX <ve2dx@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Vesko very nice, my goal was i bit different, simply put to make the common connections easier to get to.

R Norris, I agree was limited in space this thing is really small, and there are only 2 pins not used from the AUX1, 13.8VDC and Squelch, 13.8VDC is easily available but would be nice, and frankly I could not find any applications for the SQUELCH output?

73

Richard VE2DX
--
:D Only the Best ICOM, ERC and HRD
Follow my projects on www.facebook.com/VE2DX/
73

Richard VE2DX, Jesus Island, PQ-014

VE2DX

Here is the first draft of the IAB1 manual.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pulc8d1ye88luks/AIB1%20ICOM%20Breakout%20AUX1%20Boxe%20manual%20v1%20draft%203.pdf?dl=0

73

Richard VE2DX
--
:D Only the Best ICOM, ERC and HRD
Follow my projects on www.facebook.com/VE2DX/
73

Richard VE2DX, Jesus Island, PQ-014

VE2DX

after a lot of discussions with many of your made some importante changes to the 13pin version, so it will now be the IAB2-13 and will have more IOs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKPZWGhhsYA

let me know if interrsted at ve2DX@...

73

Richard ve2dx
--
:D Only the Best ICOM, ERC and HRD
Follow my projects on www.facebook.com/VE2DX/
73

Richard VE2DX, Jesus Island, PQ-014

VE2DX

oops did some changes to the manual i am assuming the link now changed!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lui2gu0e4t2kik1/AIB1%20ICOM%20Breakout%20AUX1%20Boxe%20manual%20v1%20draft%203.docx?dl=0

and the new IAB2-13 version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/umfkrl7wc4aw9hy/AIB2%20ICOM%20ACC1%20Breakout%20Boxe%20manual%20v1%201.pdf?dl=0

finaly a video of the new IAB2-13 enclosure