ICOM 7000 Memory Management

Goldtr8 \(KD8NNU\)

I have no problems with accessing and controlling my ICOM 7000 radio using HRD Rig Control.

What I am not able to do is get the memory management to work with HRD.   I have tried some other software for a short term demo that worked but I am not able to get HRD to work.  I am guessing that I have some HRD settings incorrect and if anyone knows what to set up it would be greatly appreciated if they share their tips and tricks.

Summary I can control the rig with standard functions, change bands and frequencies and so on within HRD Rig Control.   Only memory management does not work so I know the connection to the radio and computer are good.

Thanks
Don
KD8NNU

Steve Murphy

Hi Don,

It's been awhile since I used HRD with my 7000.

I use RT Systems software for management of the IC-7000's 5 bank memory scheme. The software works flawlessly
but unfortunately will not function with homebrew USB to CI-V hardware. If I recall, the RT Systems converter was an
additional $25 but it works fine with my 7000 and 746PRO. It also works with HRD and CHIRP so no need to swap CI-V converters when switching applications.

Steve
KC4SM (previously KD6NQA)

Glenn Jensen

Hi team....

The RT Software will only work with their USB cable - hard-coded in firmware.  This combination works flawlessly, allowing you to configure everything.  I still use another cable for CIV after the programming has been completed.

Chirp is clunky, and relatively slow (because you are working on live memories).  It will also not configure settings like rig timeout, callsign, and lots of defaults.  The advantage - you can use your same CIV cable for limited programming, if you can accept the limits of Chirp (for this radio).

I don't believe that HRD will align with the memories in the 7K (but welcome a tip/trick if someone knows how).

73's,

Glenn

On 11/22/20 7:36 AM, Steve Murphy wrote:
Hi Don,

It's been awhile since I used HRD with my 7000.

I use RT Systems software for management of the IC-7000's 5 bank memory scheme. The software works flawlessly
but unfortunately will not function with homebrew USB to CI-V hardware. If I recall, the RT Systems converter was an
additional $25 but it works fine with my 7000 and 746PRO. It also works with HRD and CHIRP so no need to swap CI-V converters when switching applications.

Steve
KC4SM (previously KD6NQA)

Robin Moseley

HRD does not provide memory management for IC-7000   try other software..

https://www.maniaradio.it/en/ic7000bkt.html

https://www.vk4adc.com/web/index.php/software-projects/55-vk4adc-utils/49-icommems

Robin G1MHU

F5T F5T