IC-7000 to Signalink USB

Marius Lubbe ZS1ML

I have received a Signalink USB with the 6Pin to RJ45 cable, a USB to USB cable and a CIV cable.
Connecting the first two is easy, but where does the CI-V cable go on the Signalink? There are the following ports for it SKR, AUX, and MON. Which if any do I use to ensure full CAT and Digi control?

Thanks in advance.73 Marius
ZS1ML

Don Rolph

The CIV cable needs to have a USB adapter on it and have it plugged into your com[puter.  You will only need the CIV cable if you want full rig control.  The signallink will provide PTT signal through the 6 pin mini-din connection.

On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 3:04 PM Marius Lubbe ZS1ML <marsminds@...> wrote:
I have received a Signalink USB with the 6Pin to RJ45 cable, a USB to USB cable and a CIV cable.
Connecting the first two is easy, but where does the CI-V cable go on the Signalink? There are the following ports for it SKR, AUX, and MON. Which if any do I use to ensure full CAT and Digi control?

Thanks in advance.73 Marius
ZS1ML

AB1PH
Don Rolph

Joe Krout

The civ cable is not needed to use the signalink.  It does provide frequency data and control of the 7000 from the computer for programs.  The signaling is the audio interface.   Connect the civ cable directly to the computer.

Joe KR0UT

On Sun, Jan 23, 2022, 2:04 PM Marius Lubbe ZS1ML <marsminds@...> wrote:
I have received a Signalink USB with the 6Pin to RJ45 cable, a USB to USB cable and a CIV cable.
Connecting the first two is easy, but where does the CI-V cable go on the Signalink? There are the following ports for it SKR, AUX, and MON. Which if any do I use to ensure full CAT and Digi control?

Thanks in advance.73 Marius
ZS1ML

You need a USB to TTL level RS232 cable.
I have used several different types when I had an IC-7000.
The least expensive is tp buy a cheap Boefeng programming cable and cut the end off and replace it with a 3.5 mm plug (mono) connect the TX and RX wires to the tip and the ground to the ground.
The CAT-IV has both TX and RX tied together.

Ruben .

I believe the CI-V cable would go directly from the computer to the IC-7000. SignaLink would process audio and CI-V would control CAT and PTT.

I’ll be trying a similar setup soon with a DigiRig.

Good luck and 73,

Ruben
WA2NBL

On Jan 23, 2022, at 1:04 PM, Marius Lubbe ZS1ML <marsminds@...> wrote:

I have received a Signalink USB with the 6Pin to RJ45 cable, a USB to USB cable and a CIV cable.
Connecting the first two is easy, but where does the CI-V cable go on the Signalink? There are the following ports for it SKR, AUX, and MON. Which if any do I use to ensure full CAT and Digi control?

Thanks in advance.73 Marius
ZS1ML

Marius ZS1ML

Thanks to all, I understand now