From: ic7000@groups.io <ic7000@groups.io> On Behalf Of William Reynolds
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2022 4:11 PM
To: ic7000@groups.io
Subject: [ic7000] IC-7000 to ameritron AL-80B

How do I use the IC-7000 to key an AL-80B? is there a pre-built cable I can purchase? if so where can I get it? thanks in advance

Jack W9JH

Available on ebay.

Jack - W9JH

jpc2

Hi William, .My name is Pat Cancro (NK3P) and I am a member of Skyview Amateur Radio Society.
I have read some of your postings on the K3MJW reflector. Tonight I saw your question regarding connecting an amplifier to a IC-7000. I myself have that model radio, but had not previously thought about hooking mine up that way, but I am interested in your idea nevertheless.

i'm curious if you have done any research about this issue and would like to talk with you about that.  If you are a member of Skyview and would like to meet perhaps at the Club before or after next weeks' regular Tuesday meeting or at another time and place if you would prefer.

If you are interested or even if you are not, please let me know either way by email at jpc2@... or phone at 724-309-6304.

Regards, Pat Cancro

Get Outlook for Android

How do I use the IC-7000 to key an AL-80B? is there a pre-built cable I can purchase? if so where can I get it? thanks in advance

H. Gray Bickford

William Reynolds

On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 at 23:09, H. Gray Bickford <wa6bjy@...> wrote:

--
William (6Y5WW)

Greg Engle

William,

I highly recommend buying the cable with the relay!

It’s a bit more expensive but it’ll protect the switching circuit in the radio.

Greg

NZ6E