From: ic7000@... <ic7000@...> on behalf of i2jjr@... [ic7000]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2017 09:35
To: ic7000@...
Subject: [IC-7000] The IC-7000 and PC Gaming Earphoneas with Mic

GM dr OMs, I have searched the Group but was not able to find an answer to the questions:
Has somebody here ever used a PC Gaming Headphones Microphone with the IC-7000 ?
Did somebody use an Audio Bluetooth Interface (RX and TX) with the IC-7000 ?

I have a PC Gaming Headphone with Mic, really a good one very comfortable, and would like to use it on /P in order to have hands free. I would use Footswitch PTT or Vox.
I used the headphones to ear, and they're very good.
Did not connect the Mic yet, as I saw an Intetface for such kind of boom headsets published by G8JNJ in 2009,  but in that circuit it used an electret Microphone.
I am not sure what kind of mike my headphone uses, I guess it is a dinamic microphone, not an electret one. Sorrily I did not get a valid answer from the seller about the mic type.
Any Idea about how to use a dinamic mike with the IC-7000 ? I guess that insulation is necessary, so I may add capacitors in the interface, say 0.2 uF and eventually test a value in the range 1uF to 0.1uF until I find a right value.

Another issue of the same question: I also have Bluetooth remote headphones with mike; I would like to use it.
An Interface by Frank K7SFN, published years ago, uses a Jabra A-210 Bluetooth TRX Interface: nowadays it's out of production and not to find anymore.
I tried to find a similar device, but the only one was not very cheap (not at all!) and anyway it required hand TX-RX switching! Other very cheap available as Audio / PC accessories, but hand switching and/or RX or TX only, switchable; but not Full-Duplex as it should be. Something like the USB devices that I use for Skype, really full duplex, seems not to exist as an audio in/out interface.
Thus, the questions: Who knows a suitable device type? Info on Brand and Type, and how to order required, please.
Then, 2nd question: How interface the audio Out from this to the IC-7000 ? Somebody has some experience on this matter to share with us ?

Many many thanks! 73 de Augusto I2JJR / HB9TZA

Augusto

HI !
Comic, does it not?� I did not know it.
I do not receive QST here, so I cannot read it.
Somebody may let me have an abstract of it, please?
Is it really answering my questions?
You may answer me , if you like it, also directly at "� hb9tza@...� " email.
Thanks Mac K2GGK/5 , 73 de Augusto I2JJR / HB9TZA
�

Il 30/10/2017 16:58, D C _Mac_ Macdonald k2gkk@... [ic7000] ha scritto:

Is this not the subject of the article in November QST (arrived yesterday)?

�
73 - Mac, K2GKK/5
(Since 30 Nov 53)
Oklahoma City, OK
USAF, Ret (61-81)

[...]

D C *Mac* Macdonald

MY GOOF!!!

This was in the September 2017 issue of CQ magazine!  CQ seems to be running behind schedule a bit and I just found this issue today and thought it was the new November QST.

CQ Magazine MIGHT be a bit easier to find/locate/borrow in Italy (I hope)!

73 - Mac, K2GKK/5
(Since 30 Nov 53)
Oklahoma City, OK
USAF, Retired (61-81)
FAA, Retired (94-10)

[...]

Steve W3AHL

Actually there IS an article in November 2017 QST for a Cell Phone Headset Interface for some Icom radios on page 79, but like many QST articles, it has room for improvement, at least if used on an IC-7000.  But without knowing the construction or spec's of the headset being used I won't comment on the needed changes to the QST circuit.

But in general:

1.  The 7K MIC signal on pin 6 of the mic connector has +8 VDC on it.  Most cell phone and PC headsets are designed to use 3 VDC to power the FET in the electret element.  Some will withstand up to 15 volts, some will have more distortion above 5 volts and some will go poof with 8 volts.

2.  I doubt that your PC gaming headset has a dynamic element -- it is probably an electret.  All PC's that I have used supply 3 VDC to the mic connector to power an electret mic.

3.  The headset mic audio ground should go to pin 5 of the RJ-45 mic connector, which is the audio return line (not pin 7, which is logic ground).

Steve, W3AHL