Topics

Ic-7000 separation kit

Darrenrlavery@...

Noticed the following listing on ebay.
ICOM - OPC-1444 Separation Cable for The Icom IC-7000 Transceiver.

I see that this seller Joslyn1980 has sold a few going by positive feedback.
So anyone that's looking one.
This may be a place to get one if your stuck.
Seller based in UK/Europe.

Here's the link.
An Original Brand New Cable In Icom Sealed Packaging ICOM - OPC-1444 Separation Cable for The Icom IC-7000 Transceiver.

Ed B. Hudgens

Does anyone make a separation cable that is longer than the original. Traded trucks and need one that is about three feet longer than the original cable or will have to put radio under front seats with two other radios.

Darrenrlavery@...

I'm not aware that anyone makes a longer one than the OPC-1444 whick is about 15ft
I suppose if you needed a longer length it's possible to cut and extend with similar cabling    I've never tried it though.

Hank Blackstock

Won’t a Cat5 cable work?

Hank Blackstock W5HJ

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

On Jun 29, 2018, at 7:18 AM, Darrenrlavery@... wrote:

I'm not aware that anyone makes a longer one than the OPC-1444 whick is about 15ft
I suppose if you needed a longer length it's possible to cut and extend with similar cabling    I've never tried it though.

Mark Gilligan

A Cat 5 cable has 8 wires while there are 10 pins for the connectors for the separation cable.

Consider connecting two separation cables in series.  The connectors are compatible.  In addition to the 1444 the normal cable is slightly shorter which might be useful if your desired length is less than 30 feet.

Mark Gilligan
KD6MZC

Ed B. Hudgens

Yesterday I found out that the HRO store in NH had 6 in stock. Now they only have 5. Thanks for everyone's help.