Ic 7000 scanning

Chris

Hi all
I’m new to this group so please for give me on this post.  In gone thru the manual and can not find how to get this radio to scane at 5 MHz insted of the 10mhz.  So if some one out there can tell me how to change this so it will scan from. 144.000mhz to 148.000 at 5mhz steps
Instead of the now set at 10mhz. Thanks

Chris
WB8YPO

bobsayers2000 <bobsayers2000@...>

Do you mean 5 and 10kHz, Chris?

Bob

On 28 Oct 2018 9:07 pm, Chris <wb8ypo@...> wrote:
Hi all
I’m new to this group so please for give me on this post.  In gone thru the manual and can not find how to get this radio to scane at 5 MHz insted of the 10mhz.  So if some one out there can tell me how to change this so it will scan from. 144.000mhz to 148.000 at 5mhz steps
Instead of the now set at 10mhz. Thanks

Chris
WB8YPO

Bob Hoffmann, K4CQO

There are 2 ways to change the scanning -- just pushing the SCN wen it is showing, and also holding it down for a second -- and then you will get the ability to select the scan steps you want.

I have not tried it on 2m, so I am not sure what steps are available, but that should allow you to change it.

Chris

Sorry that did not work

There are 2 ways to change the scanning -- just pushing the SCN wen it is showing, and also holding it down for a second -- and then you will get the ability to select the scan steps you want.

I have not tried it on 2m, so I am not sure what steps are available, but that should allow you to change it.

Chris

Yes Bob. But I sat and searched the manual and found out. If you press and hold the TS button a window pops up to change from 10Khz to 5Khz I was looking in the VHF and UHF side I did not see it so I could it on the HF side lol. Hope this helps a new be from going NUTS in finding it.  Thanks for the help.

Chris WB8YPO

Sorry that did not work