Topics

IC-7000 replacement

James Fisher

I use the IC-7000 for mobile operation.
The compact size of the face is excellent and the 160 meter -440 Mhz coverage is needed,.
So is there any replacement for the IC-7000 ?
I have a TS-480 but the face is a bit larger and it does not cover 2 meters and 440.

Thanks
James
Maybe there are enough IC-7000 around that they can always be repaired ?

Mystic Treg

I wish there were more IC7000s around, good or to be repaired.  But we all seem to be selfish and only letting loose when they pry them from our cold, dead, hands.  :-(

Jackie,
on behalf of
Her Imperial Majesty,
Mystic, Kitty

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 11:21 AM James Fisher via Groups.Io <cadiscase=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I use the IC-7000 for mobile operation.
The compact size of the face is excellent and the 160 meter -440 Mhz coverage is needed,.
So is there any replacement for the IC-7000 ?
I have a TS-480 but the face is a bit larger and it does not cover 2 meters and 440.

Thanks
James
Maybe there are enough IC-7000 around that they can always be repaired ?

w0web

I have an IC-7000 that I would be willing to part with.
But first I'm not sure if it works, I know it powers up and I can hear radio traffic but it has NO mic or power cable.
It is just the radio, no acc.

Ships from 94115

Make a reasonable offer.
73 George

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport

I wish there were more IC7000s around, good or to be repaired.  But we all seem to be selfish and only letting loose when they pry them from our cold, dead, hands.  :-(

Jackie,
on behalf of
Her Imperial Majesty,
Mystic, Kitty

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 11:21 AM James Fisher via Groups.Io <cadiscase=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I use the IC-7000 for mobile operation.
The compact size of the face is excellent and the 160 meter -440 Mhz coverage is needed,.
So is there any replacement for the IC-7000 ?
I have a TS-480 but the face is a bit larger and it does not cover 2 meters and 440.

Thanks
James
Maybe there are enough IC-7000 around that they can always be repaired ?

Prabhu

How much dear ?,shipping to  11413 ,i buy  at any condition as long as every thing is intact in the body..

On Sun, 1 Sep 2019 at 21:48, w0web <w0web@...> wrote:
[...]

Charles & Sandra Cohen

There are several small "shack-in-a-box" rigs comparable to the IC-7000:

a) Icom IC-7100  (I think this is Icom's replacement for the IC-7000)

b) Yaesu FT-991A,  FT-857D, FT-897D

The FT-991A is the most recent of the Yaesu designs.

Happy hunting --

.   Charles / VA7CPC

wb0m

'So is there any replacement for the IC-7000 ?

Hi James,

Maybe somebody out there has plans for a radio similar to the 7000, but I doubt it. I love mine and use it all the time for portable operations and with portable ops. for the Boys Scouts of America.
I do not think there will be another radio like the 7K. Its replacement, the IC-7100, is lacking in the mobile department and, IMHO, is just a terrible looking radio. I have several friends who do like the IC-7100 and it does do everything the 7K does, plus D-Star. So, I wouldn’t hold you breath from Icom. Maybe Kenwood has a replacement for the TS-480 (which is now discontinued).

The closest thing out there now is the Elecraft KX3 with either the 2-meter or 4-meter module, plus the KXPA 100 amp. Unfortunately, that set up, while really, really good, will set a ham back about $2000.

73,
Jeff/wb0m

IC-7000 replacement
From: James Fisher
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 13:20:54 CDT

I use the IC-7000 for mobile operation.
The compact size of the face is excellent and the 160 meter -440 Mhz coverage is needed,.
So is there any replacement for the IC-7000 ?
I have a TS-480 but the face is a bit larger and it does not cover 2 meters and 440.

Thanks
James
Maybe there are enough IC-7000 around that they can always be repaired ?

ronharbour47@gmail.com

I have an Ic 7000 that I used mobile with hf and vhf antennas, antenna controller, voltage regulator etc etc that I haven't used since I sold my truck. 2 years ago. It was working 100% at that time. I'm willing to let it go for best offer. I can take pictures if wanted.

Best 73s to all.
Ron. KR1H

From: James Fisher
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 13:20:54 CDT

I use the IC-7000 for mobile operation.
The compact size of the face is excellent and the 160 meter -440 Mhz coverage is needed,.
So is there any replacement for the IC-7000 ?
I have a TS-480 but the face is a bit larger and it does not cover 2 meters and 440.

Thanks
James
Maybe there are enough IC-7000 around that they can always be repaired ?

w0web

After trying to find it online for a ballpark price.
And not finding any.
Here is what I feel is a fair price.

Now understand this radio is being sold AS IS, I'm not sure about the transmitter, I know it receives on the US HAM BANDS and no 60 meter mods.

I'll take $450.00 USD plus shipping from 94115

Again No mic or power cable and sold AS IS.
Anymore questions contact me vis E mail

[...]

Sorry I sure my  Email address would be helpful
w0web@...

[...]

Kevin Grantham

The Yaesu FT-857 is a similar format, HF+6+2+70. However, it does not have as informative a display, a much more cryptic (but flatter) menu structure, and is a generation older receiver technology (it is a good superhet - the IC-7000 is a very good superhet that also includes DSP). The FT-857 can be equipped with a filter or two to enhance SSB or CW. The IC-7000 doesn’t need plug-in filters because it has DSP filters that are really great.

The Icom IC-7100 is functionally the same as the IC-7000 and adds Dstar. It also has a built-in sound card and USB port which is very convenient and reduces the amount of external stuff to be carried. The physical form is considerably different - it has a console-like control head that is remote from the radio body. It’s a large very readable monochrome display with touchscreen. So whether or not it fits in your intended application is something to consider.

Those are the closest I can think of now.

Kevin N5KRG

Phillip Potter

Icom is getting ready to release the IC-705 and has shown it at the Tokyo Hamfair. You can find pictures online, but the price isn't out yet.

73s Phil, N6OMM

On 9/1/2019 10:58 AM, wb0m wrote:
So is there any replacement for the IC-7000 ?

Ludovic Ludo

Le 01/09/2019 à 22:11, Kevin Grantham a écrit :
The Yaesu FT-857 is a similar format, HF+6+2+70.
I do not like transmission and reception of this tranceiver (same than FT897).
In addition, this is only an 16 bit DSP.

I prefer the FT991 in the almost same format with a better selectivity
(better than IC7000 / IC7100).

You can wait the IC705 too.

Best regards,
Ludovic - F5PBG
http://radioamateur.forumsactifs.com/t2268-icom-ic705-hf-vhf-dont-50-mhz-et-70mhz-uhf-avis
(use google translate)

Prabhu

The whole ICOM mid range radios mostly has many inbuilt problems some of the most attended problems were (But good income generator for radio service engineers..Thanks a lot for Icom)
1.Poor heat transfer from semiconductor to radio heat-sink,
2.Very low quality ribbon cable connector almost it can withstand 2 to 3 insert and exit ,
3.The LCD CFL type is a blunder with no replacement spares and more failures ,
4.The LCD Polaroid and display adhesive becomes cracked and get spoiled when used in humid and hot conditions, (Luckily the panasonic camcorder GS27,24 display is same used in icom ic7000)
5.As for as ICOM IC7k ..the driver board heat sink compound is mostly skipped in many batches ,
6.The driver board is mostly in danger if input voltage becomes low (Class A  principle in icom IC7k)
7.The CPU (in 7k) not properly connected to the body in some batches ,that rubber heat conductor location is more important for better transfer,
If icom  might have taken more time in R&D and released this 7k ,This will become a master piece ,just a race with FT897D landed in this amazing radio in confused place,But service engineers are mostly thankful to ICOM for this wonderful radio 😁😁😁
regards ..

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019 at 11:31, Ludovic Ludo <f5pbg@...> wrote:
Le 01/09/2019 à 22:11, Kevin Grantham a écrit :
> The Yaesu FT-857 is a similar format, HF+6+2+70.
I do not like transmission and reception of this tranceiver (same than
FT897).
In addition, this is only an 16 bit DSP.

I prefer the FT991 in the almost same format with a better selectivity
(better than IC7000 / IC7100).

You can wait the IC705 too.

Best regards,
Ludovic - F5PBG
http://radioamateur.forumsactifs.com/t2268-icom-ic705-hf-vhf-dont-50-mhz-et-70mhz-uhf-avis
(use google translate)

w0web

Ok the low offer of $350.00 is not happening, I do feel that this radio does work, I know that it works no 2 meters & 70cm,
I don't have a good dummy load to test the H/F tranamitter.
Again I feel this radio does work but is being SOLD AS IS and $450. is as low as I will go

[...]

I also have a working IC 7k with the sepertaion kit.

Asking $1000.00usd plus shipping
$850.00 without sep.kit

[...]

k4pwo <k4pwo@...>

The TS-480 is not discontinued… it is the TS-2000 that’s no longer made. The TS-480 is HF/6 only anyway.

Perry K4PWO

Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 13:20:54 CDT

I use the IC-7000 for mobile operation.
The compact size of the face is excellent and the 160 meter -440 Mhz coverage is needed,.
So is there any replacement for the IC-7000 ?
I have a TS-480 but the face is a bit larger and it does not cover 2 meters and 440.

Thanks
James
Maybe there are enough IC-7000 around that they can always be repaired ?

k4pwo <k4pwo@...>

Looks like it’s only 10 watts out per the pre-release specs.

Perry K4PWO

On 9/1/2019 10:58 AM, wb0m wrote:

So is there any replacement for the IC-7000 ?

Mystic Treg

I have bought my demonstrated working 7000 with tuners for $650 (two years ago) and $600 (1 year ago).

Check ebay.

Jackie,
on behalf of
Her Imperial Majesty,