[IC-7000] Re: Problem

Clistenes Rosas <rosas.clistenes@...>

Thanks Steve for your reply. The 7000 I have it 6 years ago, bought it at the dealer Icom here in the country, 3 years ago they changed the predriver, always used as fixed station and only in digital mode at low power 5 to 10 watts with a interface Rig Expert tiny. The fault came one day when you turned it on. Yes, reset.

73

El 12 ago 2017, a las 22:05, w3ahl@... [ic7000] <ic7000@...> escribió:

WFM mode is the only one that doesn't pass the the 124.487 MHz crystal filter FI601 after the 1st IF. So either the crystal filter may be bad or the logic signals that control the steering diodes may be faulty.

Also, in the 2nd IF stage, WFM isn't converted to 455 KHz, but rather 10.7 MHz, there is another set of filters and control signals that could block all but WFM mode.

I don't believe it is possible to isolate the cause of your problem without tracing the signal through the 1st and 2nd IF stages to see where it stops.

Did you notice anything unusual prior to this problem?  Was the problem intermittent at first, then became worse?  How old is your radio?  Has it been used mobile a lot?

Have you tried a hard CPU reset on page 25 of user manual?

Steve, W3AHL

---In ic7000@...,

Regards to all, my IC 7000 only has RX in VHF mode WFM, in none of the other bands h modus only slight noise.

Someone may know th

at it may be happening

Thank you very much and I appreciate the help

Clistenes, YV1DHH

Steve W3AHL

The only simple thing I could suggest you try is to remove the Logic assembly (in silver shield on the top), carefully inspect the contacts on the Logic side and the Main board side using a bright light and 10x magnifier for lint, hair, dust, etc.  Then reinstall the Logic assembly.  This is very to do.  Just be careful about ESD (static electricity).  Don't use any synthetic brush, cloth or compressed air to clean the contacts.  Try to keep one hand grounded or wear an ESD wrist strap when touching the boards.

All of the control signals for the IF steering diodes originate in the Logic card.  Since it was removed during the previous repair their could be dirt on the stacking connectors to the Main board.  It's a long shot, but an easy thing to do....

Steve, W3AHL

---In ic7000@..., <rosas.clistenes@...> wrote :

[...]

Thanks Steve, I will follow your instructions and hope to be able to relive my dear 7000.