[IC-7000] Re: Digital Modes and CAT on IC7000

Steven Linley

I really like WSJT-X as well as FLdigi, which I run through Commander (part of DXLab Suite of 8 apps).  One of the DXLab Suite of apps is WinWarbler, for RTTY, PSK, and CW.

WA8Y

On 1/24/2018 6:07 PM, sv2hws@... [ic7000] wrote:

Hello

As I could see there are positive reviews for xggcomms (and the FTDI chipset that these cables use) so I proceeded with ordering a Digimode-1-Icom cable from their ebay shop. The seller is indeed really helpful and quick to reply as Dale has mentioned.

This cable offers 600:600 ohms isolation for audio, Opto isolation for PTT, connection to CI-V for CAT and PTT using either RTS signal or CAT. The missing feature related to signalink is the external sound card, so I plan to use a 3rd party USB external sound card to separate digital operation sounds from other computer sounds. Audio levels can be configured from the computer.

The reason for my choice is of course money because I payed about 57EUR for this interface. The cheapest signalink I could find would cost around 155EUR and I would still need a CI-V cable to use CAT software which sums to about 3x times the money I payed now!

Regarding the non-muting Mic when using the 13pin socket on IC-7000, I talked about this with the seller and he replied that he can sent me a cable that has a 6pin plug for the DATA socket on the radio. All I needed to do was add a comment about this on the ebay checkout. That is what I did and I am currently waiting to receive and test it.

If anyone can suggest good LINUX software for digital modes or CAT or radio programming or anything else interesting I would really like to hear about it. I already know about FLdigi and CHIRP so I am waiting for other suggestions.

Thank you everyone for your helpful feedback
Triantafyllos, SV2HWS