[IC-7000] Re: Accessory DIN Socket

Roger Taylor

The DATA port does not have a 12V OP so you still end up using the ACC
port to power your interface so you end up using 2 sockets instead of
just one one.

Roger, GW4HZA.

On 28/01/18 14:16, w3ahl@att.net [ic7000] wrote:
The DATA port is the preferred interface for digital modes, which would
free up the ACC port for other uses.

How will not using the ACC port for digital eliminate the ability to
auto log?  That info is typically obtained from the CI-V interface.

Steve, W3AHL

---In ic7000@yahoogroups.com, <k3ssb@...> wrote :

Good Afternoon Group:

I recently acquired a linear amplifier and was pondering over how to
hook it up, the ACC socket is where I have my computer and digital comms
programs currently running.

Sure, I could swap out the cables from digital operations to the running
the amplifier on SSB/CW. But that would eliminate the ability to auto
log... carrying this to the extreme... what if one wanted to operate
with all of the following:

* Digitally operations
* Tuner
* Amplifier

I probably answered my own questions... in that it's not possible (with
the IC-7000). Are there any workarounds?.

tnx es 73 de K3SSB

Tom G, Sr.

__._,_.__
Posted by: w3ahl@att.net
• Reply to sender
<mailto:w3ahl@att.net?subject=Re%3A%20Accessory%20DIN%20Socket> •
Reply to group
<mailto:ic7000@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Accessory%20DIN%20Socket> •
Start a New Topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ic7000/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJmNWhocmVnBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NTg4MzQ2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzE1MTczNzU3Njg->
• Messages in this topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ic7000/conversations/topics/40336;_ylc=X3oDMTM3cXU4bmZzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE0NTg4MzQ2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM0MDM0OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzE1MTczNzU3NjgEdHBjSWQDNDAzMzY->
(10)

Have you tried the highest rated email app? <https://yho.com/1wwmgg>
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email
app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your
inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an
email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Yahoo! Groups
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=X3oDMTJlOGczazFhBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzE0NTg4MzQ2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTUxNzM3NTc2OA-->

• Privacy <https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/groups/details.html>
• Unsubscribe
<mailto:ic7000-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe> • Terms
of Use <https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/>

.

__,_._,__

Steve W3AHL

There are other sources for 12VDC  and disadvantages to using ACC for digital modes.  Since the original problem stated was needing to use ACC for the amplifier interface, it only makes sense to use the DATA port for digital modes.   The original poster stated doing this prevented his software from auto logging, but I don't understand why that is.

I know many people claim they don't have any RFI problems or any problem with the live mic mixing shack noise into the digital audio when using ACC for digital, but they may not have listened or observed their transmitted digital signal.  Both problems go away if you switch to the DATA port.  There's a lot of garbage on the slow speed digital signals I see on the analyzer.

With higher speed modes like Pactor 3, the ACC port problems are typically much more severe, resulting in slower connection speeds and excessive retries.  There are ways to fix the problems, but the easiest is to use the DATA port.

Steve, W3AHL

On 28/01/18 14:16, w3ahl@... [ic7000] wrote:
> The DATA port is the preferred interface for digital modes, which would
> free up the ACC port for other uses.
>

> How will not using the ACC port for digital eliminate the ability to
> auto log?  That info is typically obtained from the CI-V interface.
>
> Steve, W3AHL
>
> ---In ic7000@..., <k3ssb@...> wrote :
>
> Good Afternoon Group:
>

> I recently acquired a linear amplifier and was pondering over how to
> hook it up, the ACC socket is where I have my computer and digital comms
> programs currently running.
>

> Sure, I could swap out the cables from digital operations to the running
> the amplifier on SSB/CW. But that would eliminate the ability to auto
> log... carrying this to the extreme... what if one wanted to operate
> with all of the following:
>

> * Digitally operations
> * Tuner
> * Amplifier
>

> I probably answered my own questions... in that it's not possible (with
> the IC-7000). Are there any workarounds?.
>

> tnx es 73 de K3SSB
>

> Tom G, Sr.
>

> __._,_.__
> Posted by: w3ahl@...