[IC-7000] Re: Accessory DIN Socket

Brian (N2MLP)

https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamtune/at500dia.jpg

From: ic7000@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ic7000@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2018 8:57 AM
To: ic7000@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IC-7000] Re: Accessory DIN Socket

Good Morning Brian:

The amplifiers in question are:

* Collins 30L1
* ICOM IC-2KL

The tuner is:

* ICOM AT-500

It's not a question of having the appropriate cables and jumpers, I have them. It appears to be more an issue of having a solitary accessory DIN socket on the 7000.

tnx K3SSB

Tom G, Sr.

Tom Gregor

Good Evening Brian Et al:

I think that I probably was less than clear in my request for assistance.

The ICOM AT-500 auto-tuner isn't the issue. I've fabricated a cable between the rig and the tuner, as no commercially manufactured cable exist.

My concern is how can I control an amplifier and run the digital & logging software. With a solitary ACC DIN socket?

Digital ops isn't a problem, as the amps are not in line. However, when I operate SSB or CW and the amps are in use, I've effectively lost my ability to log via the computer.

Thanks for taking a minute to address my concerns.

If you have further thoughts on this issue, please don't hesitate to write.

tnx es 73 de K3SSB

Tom G, Sr.

Van

Icom makes a split pigtail that goes from a 13 pin din to a 7 pin and 6 pin female din.

I believe it may show in your manual on the 7K

73

Van

WD6FGB

I think that I probably was less than clear in my request for assistance.

The ICOM AT-500 auto-tuner isn't the issue. I've fabricated a cable between the rig and the tuner, as no commercially manufactured cable exist.

My concern is how can I control an amplifier and run the digital & logging software. With a solitary ACC DIN socket?

Digital ops isn't a problem, as the amps are not in line. However, when I operate SSB or CW and the amps are in use, I've effectively lost my ability to log via the computer.

Thanks for taking a minute to address my concerns.

If you have further thoughts on this issue, please don't hesitate to write.

tnx es 73 de K3SSB

Tom G, Sr.

Kenneth Dyer

Hope this helps its an ICOM stock OPC-599 Adaptor Cable 13-Pin, ACC connector to 7 Pin + 8 Pin ACC Connector.

I have used it on my ICOM 7000

73

Ken GW0RHC/HZ1GW/A92HC